Friday, November 22, 2019

Friday finishes and Freebie! - Plus a Holiday recipe!


I have been busy this week, a great way to keep my mind and hands busy while I finish off the last of the flu. My first piece is the second of the set from Blueberry Backroads. I colored this one with pencils, but it didn't pop, so I used my ink markers and love how that looks. I will recolor the first one, as well.



The second piece I finished is a stocking with a design from Cheri's Friendship group on Facebook. The design is free and another member did a design on a stocking and gave us the template to copy. She had machine sewed her stocking and I left the seam allowance on mine, so a little fatter, but it is nice for those wider design elements. The stocking measures 10".



I also tested some recipes, this one is my new favorite. It is Sweet Potato flat bread and so easy to make and only two ingredients. I was doubtful that it would work, but it does and it is delicious. Today I made up some apple - pineapple jam and it went great with them. For Thanksgiving I plan on making small ones and using cranberry and fruits to go with them. It stays moist in a sealed container, so you can make it ahead and just reheat before dinner.




And for Friday's freebie, a cute little reindeer. I found the photo at another foreign site and no pattern, so I did up my own. The wools I used were not as dense as I thought, but they still came out nicely. I will definitely make more of these, great to hand out or add to gifts. These are about 4 1/2 x 3 1/2.


And here is the design that I used. You can add your own buttons, different appliqués and colors. I hope you have fun, making your own. Have a wonderful weekend!


9 comments:

Kate said...

Debbie, I like your cushion and the deer - the flatbread looks and sounds delicious. Many thanks for your freebies. Have a great weekend.

Lady Locust said...

Your flatbread looks delicious! And your work is always gorgeous. Thank you for the reindeer pattern. That's adorable!

Fiona said...

Hi Debbie, that snowman looks great and the colouring is a perfect touch. Fun stocking too and I love the little reindeer - thank you for sharing the pattern...
Hugz

Susan said...

Wonderful things you've been making! I am surprised you can make any kind of bread with just two ingredients, too! I have to try it out. The jam sounds delicious, too. Now the little reindeer - that's so sweet! Thank you so much for the pattern. That's very nice and generous of you.

www.welovequilting.com said...

I love this.. thank you.

Julie Fukuda said...

Yummy food and eye candy... Makes me hungry just looking.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your little snowman pillow and stocking are just too cute.

e said...

I love your little fuzzy snowman. I know he isn't the subject of the post, but just too cute not to mention.
Thank you for the reindeer pattern. Adorable!!

Kelly said...

Hi- I just found your blog (via a YouTube video by Quilt Roadies). I was wondering what type of markers you used for your snowman project shown on your Friday Nov 22, 2019 post? I am new to crayon and pencil embrodiery and markers sound fun too!