Friday, August 31, 2018

Friday Finish and Fun!


This weekend we got to enjoy time at the beach and time with Nick. He loved visiting his Great Aunt,  especially her new puppy. And of course there is nothing better than exploring the beach with Nick.

It was a beautiful day on the beach and lots of sailboats enjoying the breeze. Grandpa and Nick were being silly.


Nick found a shell tree and added his own shells.


And he loved exploring the beach, he even found some glass for me and a few hidden crabs.


And we had a nice haul, lots of larger pieces too and some fun new shapes.


And that gave me inspiration to make some new things. I used a couple of the larger pieces of glass and painted some nautical designs on them. I used acrylic paint and a coat of gloss over the design to protect them. I left the rest alone, so the frosted glass shows. I like the idea of mounting the larger pieces and working on some ideas for ornaments I can give as gifts.


And used some of the rocks to paint more smile rocks. We will be hiding them this week, when we go camping. If you want to know more about my group, you can visit at DSmiles4Miles on Facebook. The heart rocks are something fun and easy, that anyone can do.


And after all that work of hunting on the beach, we took a swim. Nick loved bobbing up and down on the waves. We will be camping locally, our cat sitter isn't feeling well, so we will stay close to home. That way we can come back every day to take care of the kitties. I hope you all have a wonderful week.



7 comments:

Sandi said...

Love the picture of Nick and Bill dancing with the sailing boat in the background, looks like they had a fun day out with you.

It would be fun to see you do some pen and ink sketching on the mounting board with the painted glass..

Have wine great adventures over the week.

Sandi said...

Love the picture of Nick and Bill dancing with the sailing boat in the background, looks like they had a fun day out with you.

It would be fun to see you do some pen and ink sketching on the mounting board with the painted glass..

Have wine great adventures over the week.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Making memories with Nick. Life IS good :)

PaulaB quilts said...

Nick seems to be such a happy adventurous boy. Enjoy every minute with him. How does a shell tree happen? Your glass ship paintings are delightful. I just love the memories of sailing on my uncle's yawls and schooner. Thanks so much.

Fiona said...

That looks a very lovely spot and the weather is great too.... great stone hunting and I love the ones you mounted... such clever ideas....
As usual Nick is a great showman and having an absolute ball with you two...
Hugz

Julie Fukuda said...

I love seeing your adventures and your crafty items. Nick's joy at whatever he is doing makes me smile. His observation skills will go with him his whole life. Hope your weekend went well, even without the cat-sitter.

Allie said...

Well that looks like a very fun day out! I haven't been to the beach ONCE this summer, I'm missing it so....Debbie, I adore your painted glass and rocks, you have such talent my girl, truly lovely!!!!