Friday, August 24, 2018

Friday Finish and Fun!


I didn't get much done this week, been resting my arm, though I tend to do more cleaning and things, so not sure if I am really resting it. But it is good to give it a rest from repetitive sewing. I decided to do a few more rocks since I want to have enough for when I get out. We may also go on vacation in a few weeks, so the choices are maine or stay at home, I am still debating.

I used designs I found on the web, and then went off on my own and made a mess, lol. Even if my hand isn't steady and I make mistakes, I still have fun and I am sure the people who find them, won't mind the imperfections.


Bill had to work the weekend and It was pouring, so I missed the kid's birthday party. Since the job was finished, he was able to take a day off and we took Nick out for the day. Peaches and some apples are in, at the orchard and it was the only day we could go and get peaches.

Nicks loves the tractor, and this one was bumpier than usual, had to hold on tight.


Nick loved the apples, he ate two while we there and took his own bag of apples and peaches home.


On the way home, I saw a sign for a boat launch, so we stopped for a look. This was a fishing area, to the side of the launch.


We hiked down a little trail, Nick loves hiking with us. That is a really big mushroom in front of him.


We came out to a little peninsula, a nice place to enjoy the views. We will definitely come back to paddle.


We ended the day with a stop at Beach pond. It has been closed for years, seems too many people were coming and partying and fighting, so no swimming now. People can still fish there and there were people who were swimming. It is a shame, it is a beautiful beach and crystal clear water. We go to the other end with our kayaks and swim off a little island.

Nick wasn't too sure about the dog, who kept dropping his toy in front of him. He just wanted to play, but Nick is not used to strange, large dogs. It was a wonderful day and just what I need to recharge for the week.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.


8 comments:

julieQ said...

I would just love to find one of your rocks...wonder if they do that here???

Saundra said...

Your rocks rock!

kelley said...

great new rocks Debbie...I'd love to find one too! what a wonderful time Nick has with you and Bill...his smile says it all...

Fiona said...

I love your rocks, only you know the imperfections that you see - the rest of us think they are amazing.... Nick has the best of times with you - so many lovely memories and I bet his parents are happy he goes back tired and sleeps well after all that fun....
Hugz

Karen said...

The dog and cat are cute. I see rocks. You see shapes and can picture what those shapes can be turned into. A creative talent.

Sandi said...

Here I thought I was ahead of the game checking for your Monday post and it's Friday that you post on!

Your rock painting is fabulous Debbie, love how you saw the cat and dog in the rock shapes. I'd love to fin that crab shack or house.

It's a shame when people ruin areas by their Abuse of it for others. Glad you had a good day out.

Dawn said...

You live in such a beautiful area. I just love seeing all your outings.
New vehicles are really different. I recently had a rental that was a dial to shift!
Take good care of your arm.

Allie said...

I absolutely love the rocks you paint! Especially the houses! Looks like a good time was had by all, Nick is so darling, it won't be long before Alex joins you guys!