Tuesday, September 20, 2016

New Blocks Finished!


I finally got the newest blocks done and some embellishments, I am thinking this will be a wall hanging so I am adding bells and buttons to make it fun. The hard part will be quilting it, but the good thing is I have my new machine and it will be able to quilt around any bumps.

I love this BOM, it is from Stacy of Buttermilk Basin. There are two more blocks, the W and the longer side piece, can't wait to see what is coming this month. Stacy is at a show so it should be coming soon. I will also have to start going through my stash to see what I will use on the sashing.

Here is how they look together, this one is for me;)


This weekend was the end of Bill's vacation. Saturday we had plans to visit the kids, then they changed it to visiting us and having dinner at our house so we had a cookout, they ate, Ivy fell asleep, the baby cried when I held him and then Nick finally warmed back up to me and we had some fun time together. I am hoping we can get Nick next weekend, maybe take him apple picking, he loves that.

On Sunday we had no plans, a storm was coming so we went shopping and bought our suits. It hadn't rained and I decided to go to the beach and just enjoy the fresh air. Bill went swimming and I just relaxed. We also got a show when hundreds of migrating starlings flew around the area in formations.

Here is one side of the beach, only a few people, best time to go to the beach. Blue skies and sun.


Here is the right side of the beach, cloudy and ominous. We spent a few hours at the beach and not a drop of rain, but behind us the storm had come in and rained at home, so the beach was the place to be. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. This week I am hoping to get Cheri's Blocks made, another fun quilt with wool. You can get her blocks on her Facebook group, Quilts by Cheri.


11 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Love your wall hanging! Soo sweet,
Glad you had some family time it must be so nice to have them home.
cathy

Kate said...

Debbie, I love your wall hanging! It's nice for you to have your family home and becoming acquainted/re-acquainted with your grandsons - enjoy. Love the photos of the beach.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your BOM is wonderful.
So happy you finally got to see Nick and meet the new grandbaby!!! Hopefully there will be lots of Nick time soon.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Sandi said...

Congrats on catching up Debbie, they look wonderful. Can't wait for the W to arrive sometime today, I keep checking for it.

Lovely beach shots, glad you had a nice visit with the boys! Have a great day.

Ariane said...

Your blocks are looking amazing! This is such a sweet pattern. Everyone's blocks are just wonderful!

Julie Fukuda said...

I love your blocks. The balance of light and dark and color is just perfect.
Your mention of the migrating starlings reminded me of many years ago when we were staying in NJ, my daughter looked out of the window and called, "Look, Ma, it's raining birds". It really did seem that way with some coming down to forage on the lawn. The migrants here are mostly water birds and don't fly over the city any more. While we were still country we did get geese and swans but the city has taken over more and more. Good to have family time and get re-attached.

moosecraft said...

New machine? What did I miss? My blog reading time had diminished greatly these past couple of months... Love how your Let It Snow is stitching up!

Anna said...

time for "W" I can't wait to get home and do some prepping...I am enjoying this project!

Fiona said...

your blocks are gorgeous and great Nick is getting to know you again and you got cuddles with baby
Hugz

Karen said...

I printed out block 10 last evening. Your blocks remind me that I have not done even one of the blocks. Thinking I should because it would make a nice holiday gift.

Carole said...

What a cute quilt it's turning out to be. Strange how we first start to quilt, most of our projects are given to others. It's only later on that we decide to keep some for ourselves. I'm guilty of that too! lol Cheers!