Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Primitive Peg Rack

My husband had a few days off, so he repainted the hallway, where I had painted a mural, years ago.
Then he made me my peg rack, just like I wanted, I love how it came out. I did the painting and antiquing.
I think we make a good team;) I threw a few things on it for now. With Christmas decorating around the corner, I am just doing a bit for now with the new items, then I can start getting my holiday things out to hang on the walls and shelves. I did get head start with some pine boughs and berries that I got in the back yard.

I didn't put any spray on the rack, I wanted a dull, old look. But, the flash glossed everything up, so the items look shiny instead of prim. I am still thinking on my bday giveaway, so stay tuned for that, later in the week. The wonderful black basket is the one, I won, from Pam at BasketnPrims. Be sure to check out Pam's blog, her baskets are beautiful.



And for your amusement, this is drinking time at our house. When one wants water, I turn the faucet on and the other comes running. As usual Dora barged in and took first place, while Izzi had to wait her turn.

11 comments:

Jacque. said...

Love the peg rack...everything looks so, well, prim! {grin} The cats drinking from the faucet...too cute. I had a lab once who would bark at the faucet in the bathtub until I turned the water on and he would drink from that. Aren't our animals a delight?

patijane's primitives said...

You and your husband did a great job on the peg rack. Really prim looking and I like the things you have hanging on it. Too funny..the cats drinking from the faucet. Have a great birthday on Saturday.

A Painted Journey said...

Yes, I'd say you two do make a good pair - that loks great!!!

And oh my goodness, I am in love with your sweet kitties! They are just too funny!... Donna

moosecraft said...

Love the peg rack! You guys certainly do make a great team! :-) Those kitties look like a team of trouble (in a good way)! LOL!

Raggedy Angel said...

I have been planning to make a peg rack......and now you have got me motivated! Looks great....love the kitties! Beth

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Great peg rack. Love all the great stuff hanging on it! And such patience to await a turn at the sink.

Pat

primitivebettys said...

Great new rack! You do make a super team! :)

Love seeing the kitties too. My Sarah girl does that with the drippy faucet we have in the bathtub. We always know when she has been in there because the top of her head is always wet.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

The peg rack looks great. It will be a great area for holiday decorating. The cats sure have personality!

Daffycat said...

Nice peg rack!

Love the cats. They aren't spoiled at all...

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

our cats drink from the bathroom sink too..one just lets it run off her head and the other puts her paw under and drinks from her paw...they are precious.>)

Ann said...

I miss the cat drinking out of the faucet! My Riley used to do that every morning while I was in the shower, I miss that fat cat. New cat Frito doesn't give 2 hoots about drinking from anything other than his bowl. I've even tried to teach him how to do it - don't ask! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. ~Ann