Friday, September 23, 2016

Friday Finish!


Well, just one thing this week. I seem to have lost a day, lol. One moment it as tuesday and the next thing I knew, it is friday, thought I had one more day to work on some blocks. I finished the newest block from Buttermilk Basin and have Cheri's blocks started, so hopefully I can finish sewing those this weekend and get the pieced blocks made up next week and be all caught up. Did you know Cheri offers free patterns on her Facebook page? She just uploaded another from her Christmas book, a nativity pillow and a christmas quilt.

One more block to go, it is a longer panel that will go above the W, so almost done and I actually kept up with this one;)


I found a few old photos in my slide box, this one is me and a girl named Amy Sherman. I spent my summers with my grandmother in Amagansett, Long Island. She would make me new dresses and I have a feeling she bought me new sneakers since they match Amy's. We got hand me downs and I was the youngest of 6 girls, and shoes were worn as long as she could squeeze our feet in them, lol. In those days, I could walk around the neighborhood and up to the store, now it is a highway and big houses with pools.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.


8 comments:

Sandi said...

Love your W I just finished mine, will post tomorrow. Can't wait to see what is next!

Have a great weekend!

The Eveningstitcher said...

Adorable picture, Deb! It's nice to go back to those days when we were so little! Your quilt block is really sweet...I love the snow over the "W"...Have great weekend!

Karen said...

That was fast, Debbie! The pattern just came out.

kelley said...

the block looks great Debbie...the picture is adorable! love seeing you when you were little...thanks for the dog pics you sent...the one you did is my favorite so far...

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Love your block! With all the summer traveling etc I missed so many of the blocks, that I won't be able to make it. I had hoped she would leave them up a bit longer, or sell just the pattern not the kit. You are going to have a gorgeous quilt! Have a great weekend!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wow....I disappear again for a few weeks and you've completely left me in the dust LOL.... Love your Let It Snow project...but your Sailor's Sanctuary turned out beautifully.... Sweet pic of you and your friend... I have very few photos from my childhood.... Hope life has been being good to you.... Happy, Happy, Autumn! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

acorn hollow said...

Love your newest pieced.
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a sweet picture. Six girls??? That's a lot of estrogen in one household.
Hugs :)
Lauren