Today I worked on painting the stitcheries I made.
It is time consuming, not something you can rush, but also fun and relaxing.
I used acrylic paints, watered down and no mediums. After I finished, I put them in the front loader to heat set, then sprayed with water and reheated them again. I do the spray to help soften the paints a bit.
This one is just paint, I will antique it later. I realized that with painting, the pages didn't work, so I will close up those stitches, next.
This one I antiqued, to see how it would look. Normally I antique the piece, after I make it into a wall hanging.
This one I decided to paint first, then I will stitch with black. I think this was much easier for painting and I am not sure if this was actually cotton, it seemed a bit smoother. Now I hope it will be easy to stitch on, we shall see. I used brighter colors, but I think the stitching and walnut, will tone it down. All three of these are from Red Brolly's free stitchery, Catalicious.
Patience Smith: Sacred to Memory
12 hours ago