Friday, December 8, 2023

Friday Finishes!

 I finally finished my pillow. It was a large design, so lots of stitching. It is 36" long and I love being able to have it done and displayed on the back of the couch. The design is by Bird Brain Designs.



I also finished a piece that has been sitting in a box, way too long. It is a gift I made for a friend and this is the year, she will finally get it. This is a design by Kathy Schmitz.



Last weekend we went to the seaport to see the Mayflower. It came from Massachusetts to have some repairs done at the seaport. She is docked for now, but they have a large dry dock to put her on.



We walked around the village and saw the decorations on the buildings.



And the old Mercantile.



We also got to see the Garda. Last time it was in a spot, we couldn't see it.



And the fascinating story behind her.



Another building we were able to access was the museum. This is one of the examples of the glass models. Some are so realistic, you cannot tell the difference. These were done in the 1800's.

I hope you all had a nice week and are enjoying the holiday season. We have gotten most things done, so I can enjoy it more without the stress. I still have to do up cards and a few gifts that are going out.



2 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your pillow is simply amazing. So much detail! I love the whimsical smiles on some of the snowguys' faces.

Ruth said...

Is that THE Mayflower? Oh my goodness - your photo just blew my mind. Forgive me, I've just found your blog and haven't yet looked at your needlework, something dear to my heart. Now I'll go look!