Friday, December 22, 2023

Friday Finish!

 

I finally finished my quilted wall hanging. I added a few snowflakes and thinking about adding a few more on the empty black border. It is another wonderful design by Cheri Saffiote. Just in time to hang on my window rod, for Christmas. I do wish I could get a better photo of my quilts, more prim in person.



Last weekend we went to the seaport to see the events. It seems whoever put the event on Facebook, put the wrong place. It was actually at the village so we missed that. But, we got to see the Mystic firemen in action. One of the buildings caught on fire, but they were able to get it under control without too much damage. They think an ember from the nearby fireplace, might have gotten on the roof.



It was a nice day and only a few people were around, so it was nice to walk around. We even found another building that was open with more displays. I also had fun taking photos of Bill.



We had a lot of flooding after the rains. The beaches and ocean areas had the ocean running across the roads, but most of the mess has been cleared, so we were able to spend some time at the beaches. A bit cold but nice for a quick walk.



It is a bit too cold for glass hunting, but we did get some time in this week. I got a few pieces but higher tides, when we went. We did spot this odd scene along the cove, not sure what they were thinking with this guy.



I was also able to do some birding and get a few good shots. I decided to make a card with one of them. I wish all of you, a very Blessed Christmas.





2 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Such a sweet wall hanging!
Merry, merry Christmas to you and Bill.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Lovely job on your quilt hanger...yes, I think a few stars along the black border would be perfect. Those houses look like they are about to be swept into the ocean itself. Beautiful card...Merriest of Christmas wishes to you and yours Debbie. ~Robin~