Friday, November 24, 2023

Friday Working on!


 I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. We had a nice meal with the kids and for my birthday, they got me a new, larger bird feeder, just what I had been looking for. I didn't get as much work done on my projects, too much cleaning and cooking this week, to catch up, after being so sick.

I have been working on my large piece, a lot more work than I realized, but I will get it done this week, I hope. I am doing the main design and the details will be some glitter threads along with buttons.



Last weekend we got out for some short walks and bird watching. At one beach, I was able to spot a flock of Snow Buntings and a Cormorant sitting on a piling in a marina.




At our next stop, at the breakaway, I spotted a few seagulls on the roof of a restaurant. They know where the food is.


Then we went to the breakers and climbed the hill to check out the views. The lighthouse at Point Judith.




On the way home we went down a side road and noticed something large in a tree, in the woods. A Great horned owl, a first for me.




Today we got out for a ride, a short walk at the bird sanctuary and then a walk at the beach. The beach was
actually warmer with a cool breeze, which was a nice change. It seems most of the birds have left the areas and only a few remain. I actually spotted the hawk down the road from our house. I hope you all enjoy your weekend and can enjoy the upcoming holidays.





3 comments:

acorn hollow said...

So glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
The piece you are working on is sweet.
Always great bird shots
Cathy

Lauren said...

Love that picture of the great horned owl!
Lauren…Rugs and Pugs

Carole said...

Your stitchery is lovely. Nice photographs. Cheers!