Friday, June 23, 2023

Weekday Wanderings!


This week has been a whirlwind of activity. Our weatherman seems to have lost his knack for predicting the weather and when we thought we had rain, we had nice days. One day we decided to go paddling at the salt water pond, but the wind was horrendous. We paddled around a bit of it and I gave up, my arm was killing me from pushing too hard.

We did get to enjoy the inlets and the wildlife. We even saw a deer frolicking through the marsh, enjoying the open space. We also spotted an Osprey nest, high up in a tree.



I also spotted a Green Heron in a little cove.



Another day rain was predicted, so we went to our local cove. This time I used my peddle board, which was much easier for me, than paddling. We paddled into the town and around the inner bay. This is a view of a surprise I found.



And a close up, of that surprise. Someone has made their home in someones boat. I am not sure if the boat is usable, it looked pretty beat up.



And a close up, of the mail on the left. Love the face he is making. I had to use my hsuband's boat to paddle back out for a photo. One bad thing about the peddle board, you can't take photos while standing. It was a bit windy, so it was hard to grab shots as I rolled in the waves.




More views of the harbor area.



Today we took the boys out for a few hours. They loved taking rides on my board and they swam for a bit, but it was cooler and they got cold. More rain predicted but it seems we get out and it never rains, so hopefully we can get out some more this weekend. I hope everyone has a nice weekend.



4 comments:

acorn hollow said...

nice adventures. We have had lovely weather but it is now humid and it looks like rain any minute. I had humid weather makes me so tired.
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Fun days. I've never heard of a green heron - interesting bird. But those Ospreys crack me up. The owner of the boat probably not so much LOL. That face...those feathers though LOL. Enjoy your last days of staycation. Incredibly hot and equally humid here and still no rain...they are saying tonight/tomorrow. Fingers are so crossed. ~Robin~

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

What great photos! I’ve not heard of a green heron either. You have such adventures with the grands! I love that!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Hot and humid in Ohio today and hoping for rain!
What fun adventures you have.