Friday, June 16, 2023

Friday Finish!

 

I finally finished my sailor quilt. The original piece was appliquéd by my friend Karen, who gifted it to me. I hand quilted it with white pearl cotton, with nautical designs. I had to make a template for the outer edges and hand draw the inner lines, so nothing is perfect. I decided to add an extra touch with ties on two and nautical buttons on the other two. I really do enjoy hand quilting, but it does take longer and I have some larger quilts, that will need to be machine quilted. The original quilt design is larger, in the book, Collections One, by Red Wagon.



We got out for a walk last weekend and I caught a few birds, as we walked along. A Cedar Waxwing, an Eastern Towhee, a Catbird and a Great Egret.



At home, the Cedar Waxwings are back, enjoying the mulberry tree. 



We have gotten to enjoy a few days at the beach. Not as much glass since the tides were higher, but always a beautiful place to walk and enjoy the local birds.

I never got around to making reservations for our Anniversary week. It will be 48 years on Wednesday. We have beautiful weather at home this week, so I rather stay home, then take the chance of bad weather or heavy smoke areas. Today we got a kayak trailer, so now we can go to the launches and not have to lift the kayaks onto the truck. It is also nice since the big launches only allow trailers in the parking spaces. 

So, I have plans to visit a new bird sanctuary, paddling and at the end of the week when the boys get out and it gets hotter, beach time. I hope everyone had a good week and were safe from the storms that swept through.



2 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your sailor quilt turned out amazing! You chose perfect motifs for the quilting - I especially love the rope on the border. Your friend must be begging for it back now LOL. The Cedar Waxwings are beautiful. I haven't spotted any here. Sounds like your anniversary vacation will be perfect - and a lot less stress than going away. ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your little quilt is great fun.
Happy anniversary. May you and Bill be blessed with many more.