Friday, June 9, 2023

Feathered Friends

 

This week has been mostly catching up. Being sick for weeks, really set me back. We are supposed to have a vacation in a week and I have no place to go, as of now. I still need to get the trailer ready, so hopefully I can get that done this week and we can take off next weekend. I had some houses on my save list, but of course, the best ones are gone now, so camping seems to be the best bet.

The weather has been rain, on and off and with the smoke, we have not been able to get out as much. We were able to get to the beach, one day. It was cloudy, so we had the beach to ourselves. The beach flowers are in full bloom.



At home, I sit on the porch when I can. We get enough of a breeze, that it helps the smoke from settling too much. The birds are very active this month and the babies are coming out to join their parents and get fed.



A few of my visitors and one of the many bunnies, who seem to like my clover.



Today I had a new visitor, a young Cardinal.



And his proud dad.



I also have a feeder in the side yard and spotted a House Wren, who was busy collecting items for her nest. Seems the bird population has doubled this year, maybe they like my feed, better than the neighbor's.

I was going to finish my quilt but I decided not to do a simple side stitch, I think it needs a rope border. I will try and find a stencil this weekend, so I can get the design on, easier than doing it by hand. That and a few embellishments and I should be done by next week. I hope everyone is doing well and able to get out, without the smoke effecting your areas.



3 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happy Weekend Debbie. Oh those little babies are adorable!! I agree, there seems to be more birds this year and that makes me happy. But our huge snakes have emerged and I fear for the little ones. The beach flowers are so pretty - I didn't realize there were flowers like that at the beach. I hope you get things together for your vacation. All the adventures you go on would seem like a vacation to me. ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

We have been hazy because of the smoke, but it is getting better.
Lots of birds here in northern Ohio, too. Much activity at my oriole feeder, but not one hummer at their feeder ;-(

acorn hollow said...

We have been hazy too. Sorry you have not been feeling well. You always get great bird pictures.
I hope you are able to get to vacation.
Cathy