Friday, January 6, 2023

Friday Finish!

 

I actually made time for stitching this week. I always love getting the new stitchery each month from Kathy Schmitz and this one wasn't my usual like, but I decided, if I reduced the size, it made the perfect tea cup mat. Sadly, this is the last year of the club, she is going to end it, this summer. 



Last weekend we got out for a ride and enjoyed a nice walk on the beach. We watched the sail surfers in the bay, looks like fun, but a bit cold for me, to be on the water.



We also went to the point to look for birds. I saw quite a few and a new looking hawk, flew over head, but I couldn't get a shot in time. We enjoyed walking on the inner beach and seeing the fishing fleet, across the  way.



At home, I am enjoying the birds who are coming to my feeder. The Red-bellied Woodpecker even came to the porch, while I was out. I have gotten a lot more visitors this year, so hopefully I can get photos of the others.



And while I was watching the birds, I noticed, I wasn't the only one watching. The Red Shouldered Hawk, was sitting in a tree, checking them out. I was surprised he stayed so long, usually if I look at him, he takes off. 

A lot of rain this week, but a nicer weekend, even if it is cold again. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and can enjoy some crafting time, in the winter months.



3 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

I've never heard of sail surfers. They are dedicated to be doing it in January!!!
You take the best bird pictures.

TheCrankyCrow said...

That hawk is magnificent (even though I am not a huge fan of hawks in general). Like Lauren said, you take the best bird pictures! Cold and white still here in Nod. ~Robin~

Fiona said...

You will miss KS stitching club, I love how you have used the chair embroideries...
Fabulous bird pictures.... always fun to see

Hugz