Friday, December 16, 2022

Friday Finishes!

 

The bad thing about being sick is, you can't get out to shop or the beach, so I am stuck at home. The good thing is, I have plenty of time to work on projects. It seems I have a good day and then downhill again, but at least my body is fighting. Having injuries adding to the mix,  doesn't help and hopefully I can get well enough to get checked out and fix my problems this winter, so I can get out and have fun when the weather gets nice again.

This week I started by finishing a needle felted piece. I saw a design on the web and wanted to try it. I didn't get the exact effect I wanted, but it came out pretty nice. I need to make a wooden board to mount it on or maybe find an old piece I can mount it on. The star came out too thick, wanted it thinner and less bold.



Then I made up some mini pillows to use up the balsam I bought. I gave some as gifts and Nick took a couple home, so the rest will go to neighbors and the milkman. 



The last piece is from The Stitch of the Month Club. I always need hot pads to put dishes on and this will be fun to use at Christmas. I seem to have gone a little wonky on one edge.

I hope everyone had a good week and not getting covered in too much snow. I am hoping to get out tomorrow to do a little stocking stuffer shopping for the boys. I have been shopping online but I want to get a little candy and small items to fill a stocking. I have one more quilt to finish, hopefully by Christmas and will have to put the printed nativity aside and finish that next year. It will be easier to put away without stuffing it, and I need to get ready for Christmas Eve dinner.



5 comments:

acorn hollow said...

The fact that you get all that done while not feeling well boggles my mind.. I usually curl up in a ball and sleep it out.
wonderful pieces.
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

That ice skating piece is so sweeet.
You need to see a doctor sooner rather than later. You have way too many health issues not to deal with them.

TheCrankyCrow said...

I love the skate hot pad Debbie...too fun. And that felted nativity piece is beautiful - it almost looks like stained glass. ~Robin~

Fiona said...

I do think gentle sewing and staying in is a good way to recouperate.... lovely little nativity piece...
Hugz

Sandi said...

Oh! Very nice.

I like the Nativity. The Star is not too bold, in my opinion.

I LOVE the ice skates.