Friday, December 9, 2022

Friday Finish!


This has been one of those weeks. Having the kids over, wasn't a good idea, we got sicker. Bill tested positive for Covid, so I know I have it too. On top of that, I have been taking my Lyme meds to fight it off and I had a spell and found myself waking up on the floor, with lots of bumps and bruises. So, the bad thing is, I haven't been able to do much for Christmas packages or cards, but hoping to start those this weekend and get it all done. I was able to do some shopping and got most of the boys presents, so that will be something I won't have to worry about.

Another good thing is, I have more time to make things for me. I made up a pillow with another design in the book, Snow Happy. I used a dark tea stained fabric and off white floss, for something different. I have two prim pillows that needed something in between and this was perfect.



I also made a balsam pillow with a design by Robin, from Bird in the Hand Primitives. She offered the free design on her Facebook page.



Before we got too sick, we spent a few hours at the beach on Saturday. I was able to get some photos of the Great Blue Herons, 3 different groups have stopped on their way south, and haven't left yet.



And since I wasn't feeling great, I walked more and picked up less, but I was lucky enough to find a blue ball and a nice piece of pottery.

I hope this finds you all well and enjoying time during the holiday season.



4 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I do hope you are feeling better. David has a head cold we have tested a couple of times and negative. I have been keeping myself away from him and masking when I have to.
Cathy

Shelley said...

Love your new stitchery in the darker color. Alot of sickness at our house too. Got that bad RSV flu on nov. 26 and today is the first day I am sure that it is going away. Has put me way behind on Christmas schedule. Feel better soon Debbie😊

Fiona said...

Oh no, that doesnt sound good at all... hope you rest lots and get over it properly....
Hugz

gracie said...

Pretty stitching. Those beach pictures are great to see. Sorry your house has the flu...feel better real soon.