Friday, December 23, 2022

Friday Finish!


 This week has been a whirlwind, which I am sure is that way for most of you. The presents are wrapped and dishes are prepared ahead of time, so all I have to do is last minute prep and cooking the main hot dishes. The kids come over after early service tomorrow, so we have a nice dinner and gift giving. On Christmas we go to their house and I save some presents for the boys to open then.

I am still working on my nativity quilt, doing some words and then prep it for quilting. I forgot I had the bowl cozy templates and had meant to make some as gifts, so too late now. But, I had enough time to whip up a couple, one for me, the trees and the birds are for Ivy to use on her table. I like the smaller version better, much stiffer than the larger one.

If you like to make your own, I got the templates on amazon, they have cheaper sets, then the name brands. I also used this video to see, the best way to make them. Shabby Fabric's  bowl cozies.



Last weekend we went out for a little shopping and a ride around the ocean, back roads. No birds at the beaches, but as we were going back, along a neighborhood road, we spotted this Red-Tailed Hawk.



And at a local inlet, we spotted a group of American Black Ducks.



I have also been trying out polarizing filters, still have to learn how to use them better, but Bean stopped and posed for me, so I could try it in bright light. I can't wait to go to some waterfalls next week, to try it out. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas, Hannukah or whatever holiday you celebrate. What is important is the meaning behind the season, peace and goodwill to all.



3 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Merry Christmas!
Enjoy the magic of the season with your grands.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

We have a couple bowl cozies and just love them! I need to make some for gifts~ next year. ;-) Love your wild life pix. Merry Christmas!!

Astrid said...

Hi! Just discovered your blog. :) Great wild life photos. Bowl cozies are great gifts, I need to make some for next year's birthdays. Happy New (Quilting) Year!