Friday, February 11, 2022

Friday Finish!

 

This week I finished two more hot pads with a design by Kathy Schmitz. This was a fun one, with hearts and bunnies, I can use them for both holidays. I decided to color it in for fun and since these are for me, if they fade, I can always recolor them. They are also nice since I can hang them and enjoy them as decorations, as well.


We were able to get out last weekend, even though it as cold. This time I bundled up and we were able to get a couple of miles in, at the beach. I spent some time watching the Snow Buntings, which were too far away to get close ups, so I caught them as they took flight.


They were constantly on the move, all taking off at once and landing together.



I also enjoy watching the birds from my porch. The other day I heard a lot of calling from the hawk and finally spotted him, a Red Shouldered Hawk. Of course he took off and flew up into the sky, as soon as I got my camera out. I watched him as he circled higher, then was joined by another. I am assuming he is mating, since he did a little dance and was very vocal.



On a sad not, Bill lost his older brother this week. He has been in long term care since he was injured when he was in the Air Force. He had been kicked in the head by a mean sergeant and wasn't right after that. We havn't seen him since he moved out of state but talked to him on the phone. He died peacefully this week, so it is sad that he is gone but a blessing that he is no longer suffering.

I made this photo with an old photo, of him and superimposed him into one of my photos. 

I hope everyone had a nice week and can enjoy some time out this weekend. We will be having a nice day tomorrow, so time for another adventure to see what I can find.



5 comments:

acorn hollow said...

what an absolutely horrid story about Bill's brother!
Love your finishes as always and your bird pictures we are participating in the bird count here Sun and Mon they really want to know what kind more than how many birds.
Cathy

Fiona said...

Love your bunnies.... they will be useful as well as decorative.... sorry for your loss....never easy whatever the circumstances...
Hugz

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your little hotpads are so sweet....I'd be afraid of ruining them...mine always seem to end up with scorch marks LOL. So sorry to read of Bill's brother's passing... Yes, it is a blessing he is finally at peace...but what a horrid tragedy. Too cold for adventures here....unless you count walking to the garage LOL. ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

So sorry to hear about Bill's brother. What a horrible thing to have happened to him. Life can be so unfair.

QuiltGranma said...

Love those hot pads and the idea behind them!