Friday, February 25, 2022

Friday Finish and Fun!

 

I was able to finish my new wall hanging this week. It is a design in the book, Summer Gatherings by Lisa Bongean.  I have been trying to do patterns from the books I have and one of these days, I will start selling off quite a few. 

The design itself is done in wool applique, but I went will stitchery. I like the way it looks more like a sampler and I like the pops of color. A nice saying to live by. I had a few spots of blue marker that popped up, so I wet them down, thus the wet spot.



This week has been a crazy week of weather. One day we were at the beach and by that afternoon, in the midst of a snowstorm.



Another day we took a ride, cold but sunny day. We explored a new beach that has a salt water pond on one side and the ocean on another. It is private in the summer, but no one cares in the winter, so we will have to paddle in the pond next year. We also spotted Horned Larks at another beach.



Monday was another nice day, so Bill took the day off and we spent it with the boys. Nick loves this beach and he had good luck finding some nice pieces of his own. He loved the new boots, I got them. So much easier to have their feet in boots so I didn't have to worry about them getting wet.


Even Alex was getting in on the hunt, he found some large pieces for me.



And since we had a nice afternoon, one day, we headed to the beach when Bill got home. Lots of goodies on the beach and a beautiful sunset.

I hope you all had a good week and find time to enjoy some time outside. 



3 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happy Saturday Debbie! You certainly keep busy!! Your wall hanging is so sweet...I remember her patterns...I think I must have done some once upon a time....or, more likely, "planned" to. LOL. Love all your beach combing treasures...especially those heart shaped pieces. But the highlight of this post for me was the photo of the sunset with the waves breaking against the rocks. Wow...just wow. ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

'Tis the season for crazy weather!

QuiltGranma said...

At the beach, and it snowed! We have some friends that went to an Oregon beach for Christmas, last year, and it snowed on them too! That is highly unusual. Glad you got to enjoy it.