Friday, February 18, 2022

Friday Finish and Fun with the Boys!

 

This week I have been working on finishing a couple of projects. One is still in the works, but I was able to do the binding and add the quilting to that. This is a panel I bought years ago and decided to hand quilt the design. Originally I was thinking a long pillow but it is too big for that. 

I just finished the last stitching tonight, so I need to clean it up, chalk marks and pet hair. I have a plan for hanging it over my desk, so when Bill makes me a hanger, I will show you what I came up with. It is hard to see the stitching on the piece, the outlines are gold and I did a black stitch around all of the designs. Someday I might make a straight quilt, but so far, that isn't happening.



Last weekend we got to spend some time with the boys at the beach. The weather was nice, but it got cold after we got there, but they still had fun exploring and playing.



Nick was a bit disappointed that he couldn't find any treasures. The tide was just going out, so not much on the beach. He was happy that there was a playground, he loves playgrounds.


Alex is at a fun age, and he loves to have his picture taken. He is happy just being a boy.



I also have been enjoying my backyard birding. This weekend is the great bird count. Anyone can join in,  you just sign in and they have a bird ID program if you are not sure what you have seen. It helps them with statistics around the states. Check out, The Great Bird Count.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and maybe enjoy birds in your area. There are lots of different feeders, and that is the best way to attract them. 

May The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace.”



3 comments:

Fiona said...

That's a very happy cheerful panel and will look great up on the wall... Great pictures of the boys... enjoy bird counting...
Hugz

TheCrankyCrow said...

That's a lot of quilting...yikes! I had hoped to finally finish up some hooking projects this past weekend, but that didn't happen. Once again, It seemed I was chasing squirrels more than accomplishing anything. We are buckling down here as we are to get a doozy of a storm tomorrow and Tuesday...Some forecasts are saying up to 20". And, of course, the winds are already howling so whatever we get is likely going to be a swirling mess. Maybe I will get some of those things finished up after all LOL. ~Robin~

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Fabulous piece! Those boys are getting so big. Superb photos