Friday, February 4, 2022

Friday Finish!

 

This week I started one project, then another and then I got the new stitchery of the month. The second project I made and finished before the others since it is for the boys. It was a design in a Whimsicals book and I did a few in fun colors as bookmarks for the boys. 

I started the new stitchery next, but still working on that, they will be hot pads for me, and perfect for Valentines and Easter, so I will get those done next, then the project I was working on, will get done. With the cold and now an ice storm, I will have a lot more time indoors.

I used some glitter threads and ribbon with glitter on the tags.




I hope everyone faired well in the last storm and the ones coming through this weekend. We had a lot of rain and now it is icing, so the roads will be a mess.

Last weekend we got a few feet of snow, now it has all melted and made ponds in my yard. I have gotten quite a few visitors with the snow and cold, they need more energy to keep them warm. The wind was so bad, I had to put a heavy bowl on the porch, so the wind wouldn't blow it away.



The birds seem to be more active when it is cold or raining. A few more from last Saturday.




Since we have been stuck in the house so much, Bill took a day off, when the weather was a bit better. We took a drive to the beach at the southern coast and enjoyed walking in the fresh air, until the fog rolled in, then it was more like rain.




Before it got wet, I was able to catch a few shots of the Sanderlings. They are busy little birds, so hard to get a shot, it took me 70 shots to catch a few good ones.



Eating and cleaning.




And we found a few treasures. The beach was full low tide and no people, but so much beach and rocks, along with no sun, so harder to find pieces. I did luck out and found a marble and a few old pieces. 

Time to set up a little table so I can play with my pieces and start making some art items. So many ideas and projects, I need more time in the day. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and enjoy some crafting time this winter.



5 comments:

Fiona said...

Oh I do like your tags.... and lovely bird pictures.... crazy weather and the birds are lucky to have a safe place to visit at yours

Hugz

TheCrankyCrow said...

Love the Sanderlings!! I'm not familiar with those either. And some more great treasures from the ocean....that marble is so cool. I'll pass on the ice. Seems like so many are getting that nasty stuff. We had a bit of snow yesterday and again today - not much - but still cold, cold, cold. ~Robin~

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

The tags are really beautiful. Love the bird pictures too. I don't live near water so they are fun to see.

QuiltGranma said...

Thank you for sharing these pictures with us.

Julie Fukuda said...

We had a lot of heavy wet snow yesterday ... and an hour of shovelling this morning before it all turns to slippery ice. I love your bird pictures. Glad you could get out a bit.