Friday, December 17, 2021

Friday Finishes!


This week I have been enjoying some free time and worked on a few projects. The first is a stocking that I made with Michelle Palmer's free pattern, she offers each year. She has done several and still offers them on her Facebook page with a link to her site.

I didn't add all the stitching that she did and added a few of my own. I wanted to keep it simple but fun, so I added yellow and red glitter threads.



Then I decided I wanted to make something with wool roving, so I made up a little stocking. I will use this to put a gift card in, for the kids. Then they have something to hang on their tree. I added glitter thread to accent the design.



At home I have been enjoying a warm up in the weather. The birds have been visiting more often and I was able to catch the moon as it came up, during the day.



Today I had a me day and Bill took the day off. We went to a town beach in South Kingstown. It is much quieter and has a long stretch of beach. We found a nice spot to park the RV, with views of the ocean. Bean was happy, he got to play at the beach all day and give hugs, to passerbys.



I had wanted to get some bird photos from a beach further down, but by the time I got to the houses, I realized I still had a ways to go and it was getting colder, so no bird photos. But we decided to stay later and watch the sunset. I missed the moon as it rose, but it was still beautiful with the sun setting.




A look down the beach as the sun fell below the ocean. 




The beach doesn't seem to have a lot of glass, but what I find is nice and a few large pieces of pottery. It was nice to get out and enjoy the last slightly warm day. I hope you are all enjoying your week and find time to relax and enjoy the holidays, without the stress.



4 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Lovely pictures you just can't beat a beach picture. Your projects are so fun as always.
I be the kids cant wit for Christmas
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

I LOVE that polar bear stocking! How sweet! And beautiful photos of the sunset. Wow - such vibrantly rich colors!! Great glass finds too...The one (upper left) almost could pass for a Christmas tree LOL. And that photo of the moon!!! That glorious moon!!! Wish I had a camera that could catch a photo like that!! Our "warm" spell is over...went out on vicious winds...and we are again back to the winter we know in Nod. ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

Michelle has so many wonderful patterns. Your finish is very sweet.

Olde Dame Holly said...

I love the glitter thread and I use it quite a bit on my own stitcheries. I am especially fond of champagne colored glitter thread for some reason. I guess it's because it goes with both warm and cool tones. I sure love the beach photos, too!