Friday, December 24, 2021

Friday Finish and Merry Christmas!


 First I want to bless all of my followers this Christmas and may you all be healthy and filled with joy this season and in the next year. We spent the evening with the kids, a nice dinner and presents which is always fun with the boys. Bean was just as excited, he has been sniffing around in my sewing room all week, he knows a present when he sees one. Tomorrow we go to their house and I save a few presents for then. Tonight I am all done cleaning up and relaxing, while watching the colorized version of White Christmas.

The family at dinner. As usually I could not get any good photos in the dim light. One thing I plan on doing this year, is to learn how to use my camera settings better.



This week I wanted to make one more thing and took out a pattern I have been sitting on for years. It is a design by Bonnie Sullivan from All Through the Night. I messed up a few things and didn't do a scalloped edge, then I messed up the edge on the bottom. Later I will take that off and recut it to straighten the edge. It was fun to make and a last minute decoration for the wall.



Last weekend we went for a ride to get apples from the orchard store. They keep their apples in a climate controlled building, so always better than the store. After we took a ride to stop at a few places to look for birds. At the inlet to the Thames River, I found a family of swans.



We drove down to a few other places and as usual, Bill took a wrong turn, but I am glad he did. We stumbled onto another hidden area with a waterfall and a few birds. There was a Blue Heron but it took off when it saw me. I will definitely go back when we are in the area. I spotted a Belted Kingfisher, that was my find of the day.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend, no matter how we celebrate,  the meaning remains the same, may love and joy come to all of you.



7 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Merry, Merry, Christmas Debbie! Glad to see and hear you are able to celebrate the season with your beautiful family. Love your little applique mat. I wouldńt have noticed the bottom at all had you not pointed it out. So will you need to take off the snowpeoplés boots and the bunny to do that_ I say leave it! Looks great to me. ~Robin~

Kate said...

Merry Christmas Debbie.

julieQ said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Such a sweet applique. Perfect for the season.
Merry Christmas.

Susan said...

What wonderful serendipitous bird finds. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you had a lovely family dinner, and finished a last Christmas piece that is adorable.

Olde Dame Holly said...

Beautiful and festive table for your Christmas dining! I love to take a ride during the holiday times, too. So lucky to find those swans and then the new birding area, too!

Carole said...

Lovely snowman project. I love this time of year.