Friday, August 20, 2021

Friday Finish!


 I was able to finish one thing this week and had another to finish, but last night I cut my finger open so I am just able to use it, wrapped up to type a bit. Hopefully it will heal fast so I can swim again and finish my other projects.

This is a design by Kathy Schmitz for her monthly club. Another lavender pillow and I think it will make a nice gift for an upcoming birthday for a hooking friend.



We get to the beach when we can, the tide isn't always out but one day I found two large pieces hiding in the seaweed.



I also tried getting photos of the local shore birds but they were too far, but I caught this crow as I went into the marsh area.



At home I have been seeing more new birds at the feeder, lots of young who follow their parents. I was able to catch this juvenile Cardinal who is a regular now.



Today Bill came home earlier, so we headed to the beach. It was a beautiful day but I didn't dare get my hand wet yet, so I enjoyed the views and walking along hte beach.



The  tide was higher so not a lot of good glass, but I found a lot of old pottery. Tomorrow will be a day out before the big storm. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and stay safe if you are in the storm's path.



6 comments:

acorn hollow said...

You must have jars and jars of glass. This storm will stir things up maybe you will have some great finds.
Love your finish very sweet. So sorry you cut your hand
stay safe
Cathy

JustGail said...

Bummer on the hand, and hope you escape storm damage. Do storms usually wash up more beach glass, or is it just as likely to wash what's there back out to sea?

Julie Fukuda said...

I hope you will stay safe in the storm. It will be high tide as well, so there might be lots to find on the beach when it is over. Keep safe! Hands are not for cutting.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your sheep tuck is adorable....but, oh my....that photo of the crow is precious! You found some amazing ocean treasures....it always amazes me. That hear-shaped piece with the strip in the second glass photo is a real treasure! Hope you escaped the wrath of the storm and your cut has healed.... ~Robin~

Juliann said...

Your stitchery is beautiful and I love all the beach glass.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I hope your finger heals quickly. The block is so pretty and so is the scenery. I am glad you were able to enjoy it.