Friday, July 2, 2021

Weekly Ramblings!

 

Not a lot going on this week, mostly resting, catching up at home and a bit of stitching. I did finish the large piece, now I need to decide on a border and it will be done for their anniversary next month.  I also started some small sachet pieces with the new monthly design, so those should be done by next friday.

Even with a few mishaps, we got to enjoy some time at camp and fun time with the boys. They love the beach and Alex loves being slammed by the waves, he is fearless. Nick took some time to brave the ocean but he finally went in with me and I taught him how to body surf. We are going back next weekend, and we will bring the boards so they should have fun on those.



We had a nice day, the boys got some goodies at the flea market and time at the playground. I admit, my greatest joy is seeing them happy and laughing. 



With my bad arm and shoulder, it is hard for me to hold the camera for long, so I used my phone or shot with the regular lens. I finally caught one of the many Woodchucks that hide in the bush, along the camps.



We got lots of nice walks on the beach and caught this guy with dinner.



And I am not the only one who has mishaps. Ivy fell while cleaning the stairs and got banged up. They dropped the boys off while they went to the hospital to have her checked and stitched up. She is ok and the boys had fun, even though my pool isn't up yet. 

I hope everyone had a good week and even when things don't go as planned, we can always find ways to have fun and find joy in our lives. 



4 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I am always amazed at all the wildlife you snatch up with your camera. It is always a reminder, too, of how little we have here. Take care and be kind to yourself.

acorn hollow said...

It is a great joy to see your grandkids happy. Even with a hurt arm it looks like your week was a good one.
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

Making more memories with the grands! They are lucky boys.
Happy 4th!!!

Olde Dame Holly said...

What a funny little woodchuck! That's a great shot, I think your phone camera is very good! Sorry to hear that Ivy fell, falling is so dangerous I think once one is past about age 20!