Friday, July 23, 2021

Friday Finish and Fun!

 

Another week went by too fast, but I did get one thing done and lots of outdoor time. I saw a new free design to do from a Facebook group, called Christmas by the sea. Each one is an ornament for Christmas with a beach theme. I made mine and wasn't sure what to do with it and got an idea.

We were taking the boys out for the day and I decided to whip up a drawstring bag for Nick to put his treasures. I wish I had thought of it since I sewed the ornie, then had to attach it by sewing it down, so not quality work but good enough. The only thing was, the cord was way too thick to draw the heavy jeans, so I took it out and used a piece of jute.



We ended up turning around since the road was backed up with traffic and took the boys to our town beach. No glass collecting but the boys had fun in the shallow waters.



Alex is at that fun age, he loves the water and even if he was going backwards, he still tried to do some surfing.



Mom and dad wanted a night out, so today we got the boys in the afternoon and were able to take them to the glass beach. Nick loved his bag and finding his own glass. 



And Alex is becoming quite the water lover, he likes to go deep and let the waves crash into him.



We also got out by ourselves during the week. The tide was high so you can see the area were Nick is in the previous photo and how high the water goes up, not the easiest way to find glass.



I stand at the water edge and wait as the waves come in, then grab whatever the ocean leaves me.



Even with the high tide, I was able to find a few nice pieces. I am also reorganizing my glass and finds so I can start making things with the craft glass. Not as much as I usually find, but I think I have more than enough to make quite a few projects. And the good thing is, I get out in the fresh air and lots of miles of walking up and down the beach. I hope you all had a wonderful week and some fun, outside this weekend.



7 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I love to see those two boys out enjoying nature. getting to know it, then getting to love it, will mean protecting it in the future. Great idea to make the bag. How useful. With a full moon the tide should have been really high.

Olde Dame Holly Rose said...

Beautiful glass you found on your trip during the week. That is a very cute and cool bag you made!

Fiona said...

The boys are having so much fun in the water... I bet they sleep well after that....
Hugz

TheCrankyCrow said...

I really love the sea bag you made for Nick! I bet he treasures it! I am always intrigued by your posts and the the ocean. The surgs...the views...the tides...the treasures!! I am blessed looking out my door wattchig a full moon reflected on the lake...but it's a different kind of beauty. Treasures of a different kind. ~Robin~

QuiltGranma said...

Love that little bag. Whenever I go to the beach my pockets get so full my pants want to fall down!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Every week flies by too fast!
The boys will always remember the fun times they had with you and Bill. What lucky boys.

UmaKathy said...

Your Shark bag is so cute.