Friday, June 25, 2021

Vacation?

 

This has been one of those weeks. trips back to the house, the trailer having to go in for a leak and then I fell. Never start walking while you are taking photos, especially when you are on a step and forget. I am a bit scuffed up and might have broken a few things so I will give it a few days and see what still hurts in a few days.

It is hard for me to type with braces on so I am going to keep this short with a few photos of the good things about our trip so far. I hope everyone is having a better week than I am, lol.


Our site, a nice large grassy site.



Watching the sun set.



Watching the moon rise over the ocean.



The lighthouse at dusk, beautiful colors in the sky.



Walking the beaches, Bean loves the dog beach.



Lots of birds and most are in motion. This Piping Plover stopped long enough for a shot.



And our beach finds, a bit of glass and art objects and lots of beach toys that are left behind. The boys love seeing all the goodies when we get back. That is another bad thing, the boys and Ivy are sick, so they cannot come down.




Another day it was a boogie board and beach shoes.




And our strangest find, one Field and Stream rubber boot at one end of the beach, and as we walked back down, we found the other at the other end, so we took them. Not sure if they fell off a boat or a boat went down,  But they are in new condition, just too big for us. 

Enjoy your weekend and I hope that nothing but good things happen to you this week.



6 comments:

Olde Dame Holly said...

Your beachcombing paid off! The best thing I ever found was some garnets and a Japanese glass float. Sorry to hear you fell, that is very concerning.

JustGail said...

I hope your damages are limited to bumps and bruises. You got some beautiful photos, and that's quite a haul of abandoned and lost items.

Rugs and Pugs said...

I'm sure the boys love all the goodies you find for them on the beach. I hope they and there mom are feeling better and you haven't broken anything!
Beautiful pictures as always.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ruh roh.... sure hope nothing is broken...been there done that...although not walking and taking a photo at the same time...then I just ran into a very large tree and bruised up my face pretty bad. Wow...what a haul on the beach combing finds.... It's sad that people are so careless as to leave that stuff behind....just more plastic going into our beautiful oceans. The boots, though, are very intriguing. Of course my head is already spinning a story around them. Hope you, the boys, and their mum all feel better soon! ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

So sorry you are worst for wear. But your pictures are wonderful as always. So sorry the boys and their mom are sick. I heard colds are being passed around I still wear my mask in stores I do not trust that everyone has had the vaccine and we just can not take chances.
feel better
Cathy

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

May you heal quickly. Love the pics, your photography is great