Friday, July 16, 2021

Friday Finish and finds!

 

Well, I finally finished my angel. I wanted to add arms and I like how they came out, then I decided to add a heart, since it is a gift for a friend. The hair came out a bit wild and she looks mean in the photo, it is too harsh, she has a lighter, more whimsical expression, so she is goofy enough to make the recipient smile.

I started out with a cookie cutter shape and then added to make it into a figure. I think I would prefer to use a wire form to start and be more creative, but she isn't too bad.



We spent a lot of time at the beach this week. We go when Bill gets home so the beach is less crowded and we can spend a few hours, combing the beach and taking a swim. I got quite a few nice finds this week.



Most of the week was overcast but it is still a beautiful place to be.



And I love watching the fog roll in. This day it got so thick,  you could not see too far, but we made it over the bridge before it rolled over.



And I am still enjoying the visitors at my feeder. This young Chipping Sparrow is a new visitor and happy to sit for a photo. Hopefully I can catch some of the other youngsters when they get used to me. I hope you all had a nice week and have a wonderful weekend.



7 comments:

Olde Dame Holly Rose said...

I like your angel, she is very sassy and full of character. You always find the nicest things beachcombing! I used to find agates but that was up in the Pacific Northwest area. I love seaglass best of all.

Fiona said...

Your angel looks a bit of a character ... I like her..... Lovely glass finds...
Hugz

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a haul of treasures! I think your friend will indeed smile when she sees her angel. I see nothing harsh. I haven't felted for years. The photo of the fog is just amazing to me. I have always been intrigued by, and mesmerized by, fog....but it scares the dickens out of me if I have to drive in it. ~Robin~

Julie Fukuda said...

The angel is just so cute. I'm sure she will be loved. Your bird pictures are always super. I'm waiting to see what happens with all that sea glass. you must have a lot by now.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

I’ve never heard of that sparrow! He looks similar to a chickadee. Sweet angel too. You’re multitalented!

QuiltGranma said...

It is so nice when what one wishes to photograph will stay still. Such a cutie!

Rugs and Pugs said...

That is quite a haul of beach glass!!!