Friday, June 11, 2021

Friday Finish!

 

I was able to finish a piece this week. It seems I have so many plans for the week and it is gone before I get half of it done. I always love getting the new stitchery from Kathy Schmitz, something fun to look forward to each month.

This year she is doing a theme for the yearly contest, making sets of pillows or small quilts with the designs, so of course I am going with pillows. She offers wonderful prizes at the end of the year and this is the first time I can actually enter with what I make.

I added lavender to it, I think it makes nice gifts and I also plan on selling off a few things this year. I thought it looked off balance so I added the words, I do wish I had thought of it, before I put it together, then I could have done nicer lettering.



We had a nice day with the boys. I had gotten a raft for Alex, but hadn't found one for Nick. So we bought his over and they loved playing with them in the pool. Nick had to show me how well he is riding his new bike, he loves it and hopefully we can get to some bike paths and ride together.



We also got to spend some time at the beach, when Bill got home. The tide was coming in this week but I found some nice goodies for my collection. We also had some threatening storm clouds, roll in, but luckily they went in the other direction.



And glass is not the only thing you can find on the beach. This is a skate, some places use them in place of scallops by using a special cutter. Two had washed up with the waves, not sure why.



We also had a day with fog rolling in. I love how it looks as it moves across the bay.



At home I have been enjoying a few new young birds that are coming to visit the feeder. This is a young female Downy Woodpecker.



And a young female Cardinal. I also set up a jelly feeder and saw my first Oriole today's so hopefully I can get some photos of them, when more come.

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer weather and getting outside more. One more week and we take our Anniversary vacation. We are staying close to home since it is hard for Bill to drive long distances. I was lucky enough to find a cancellation for the state camp near the beach, so we will be spending the week there.



6 comments:

Olde Dame Holly said...

I hope your anniversary week has lots of blue skies and fun! How nice to be near a beach. Wow, skates on the beach, I have not seen them in real life before. And I see you found a nice heart with your rocks and seaglass!

Susan said...

I don't know what the skate OR the scallop is used for, but it looks interesting. Your garden pillow is a wonderfully cheery thing. Happy anniversary!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Sweet pillow Debbie...I love bees. You really do live in a magical place...love the photos of the clouds, the fog, the bay....that water is so incredibly blue!!! What fun floats the boys have....that dragon...on my!! Reminds me of Puff the Magic Dragon. Happy Anniversary. ~Robin~

Jacqueline said...

Happy anniversary. Thanks for sharing your time with me

acorn hollow said...

Happy anniversary! the boys are growing so fast they are so cute.
your pillow is darling and i like the lettering as it is.
Cathy

Julie Fukuda said...

Such a nice variety of activity. My, how quickly those boys have grown! You are getting lots of experience with bird pictures. They are always so very nice. Wishing you a happy anniversary outing.