Friday, June 18, 2021

Weekly Wanderings!

 

As usual the week went by and I still have a million things that didn't get done. Most of the week was spent, repacking the RV and getting things done around the house. We did get to spend time outside, which is always my favorite thing to do.

A day with the boys is always the best. We took them to a park that has a bike path, so Nick and I got to enjoy riding together, he loved it.



There is also a playground, so Alex got to have fun with Grandpa and Nick joined in after our ride. Anpd then we stopped at the ocean for some fun in the sand.



My favorite thing was playing with Alex in the waves, every time a wave washed over him, he would jump up and down and laughing. It is such a joy to see him having so much fun.




And we spend time at the ocean, beach combing. While there I enjoyed watching the Common Terns, while they dove for fish. They are amazing aerial acrobats.




And a lot of life in the inner marsh.




I also did a bit of shopping. I found the perfect lantern to hold glass and with a set of tea lights, I now have a night light for my bathroom.




If you are looking to do a little decorating inside or out, the craft stores have some really great sales, right now. I was able to get two new bird houses, for only 10.00, a piece.




I also love backyard birding. I have not seen any Cedar Waxwings this year, but I finally found them. They are hiding in the back area with other friends, enjoying the Mulberry trees.




And we seem to have a lot of Robins this year, my yard is covered in them, especially after a rain. You can see the different colorings on these Robins, the young ones haven't gotten all their color yet.




And a new visitor this week, my first sighting of an Orchard Oriole. I hope he comes back to visit again and I can get a better shot. I hope everyone had a wonderful week. I may do an extra posting next week since we will be on vacation and of course I will be taking lots of photos.




8 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Lovely pictures as always and so nice to hear about the boys they are growing so fast.
Cathy

Kate said...

Love your photos, Debbie. How fortunate you are to spend so much time with the grandboys - you're making wonderful memories for them. I really like your bathroom nightlight!!!!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

These are gorgeous photos and look wonderful in a collage.

TheCrankyCrow said...

What gloriously fun days!! I would think they are the stuff little boys' dreams are made of. Wow...I did not realize that terns could do that! What an amazing photo! I adore how you have your sea glass displayed in that lantern.... Great finds on the birdhouses... I really love the one on the right... What store did you find them at?? And do you find your birds really use them? Hope you're enjoying your weekend. ~Robin~

Olde Dame Holly said...

I love that lantern and tea light set-up in your bath. So pretty. As always, your birding and fauna photos are TOPS! I love the terns especially, their colorful feet and their gymnastics.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful photos. Looks like fun was had by all.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post