Friday, December 18, 2020

Friday Finishes and Feathered Friends!

 

Even though I do not need more decorations but I cannot resist making new things during the holidays. It is fun and a good way to fill myself with the holiday spirit. This week I finished a stitchery with a design by Kathy Schmitz. It is in her book, Stitches from the Yuletide. I was able to get a copy from our library and I copied the designs that I wanted to do.

This was a fun one, but a lot of stitching. I like making pillows since I can place them on my chest or the couch.



I also made an ornament for the kids. It came out bigger than I wanted, but Nick loved it and I do enjoy seeing the joy on his face when I give them a gift. They also got their boots tonight. Snow came early and they needed them, so they got an early present.



I also enjoyed watching the birds this week. I have been getting more birds since they have discovered the good feed is at the porch.



And with the snow, came more birds.  It was blowing so hard that I kept the porch feeder full and had visitors all day. It is nice to be able to enjoy nature in my own backyard, it is a way to relax and find joy amidst all the turmoil in the world.



8 comments:

Olde Dame Holly said...

I love that sweet little mouse peeking from the snowman's pocket! I hung a new thistle sock up this week, as the weather is "cold" here and our desert birdies are not used to it. My pets gather at the front window to watch the show! So many little birds love the tiny thistle seeds, as well as the Mourning Doves who skulk around below to get what falls...

acorn hollow said...

you always do such a wonderful job on your stitching. You are right it is nice to see the birds and for me home feels like a haven from the world. We feed the birds too. While Christmas will be different this year I am hoping we all learn a lesson from this this horrid situation that home is best.
cathy

Kate said...

I love both pieces, Debbie. The bird photos are awesome!

Rugs and Pugs said...

What sweet pieces!!!
No masks this week...lol? Did you ever keep track of how many you made? I know it was many dozens.

Fiona said...

Lovely ornaments... I love making Christams things but seldome decorate!! haha..... wishing you and your family all the very best over Christmas and for next year....

Hugz

TheCrankyCrow said...

That IS a lot of stitching LOL. I truly don't know how you accomplish so much!! They are adorable! And I love the beautiful photos of your feathered friends as always. What is the white one with the spread wings and something in its mouth?? I used to feed the birds years ago, but our snows get so deep that I would not be able to get to the feeders and felt that having birds depend on them to the extent perhaps they don't migrate like they normally would and then not have any, I decided it was more humane to not feed them. :-( ~Robin~

Farmhouse prims said...

I love your pillow and ornaments. You are so talented. Merry Christmas. Lecia

Julie Fukuda said...

Your pillow and ornaments are sweet as can be, and I love the bird pictures. Interesting to see the variety, even showing up together. I have a window cafe and it runs out of seed quite quickly.