Friday, November 6, 2020

Friday Finishes and Fun!

 

This week I worked on my table runner, it is finally finished! I like to keep the runners simple for now since the cats sleep on them and occasionally a claw gets into them, so sadly, they don't last. I hand quilted this one, then I added a blanket stitch around the edge. It has a middle halloween block and pumpkins and fall around it, so I can leave it out for the month.




I also made a small lavender pillow with the monthly stitchery by Kathy Schmitz. This was a fun one to do and of course I changed a few things to simplify it.



We also had some adventures last weekend, though we keep it low key, just getting out and enjoying a few places was enough. We went for a ride and ended up at the castle, always a nice place to walk around and plenty of parking spaces. There were pops of color here and there and we even spotted an eagle, flying over the river.



On Sunday we headed to the island. Rain was predicted and I didn't want to waste what time we had, driving around. It was a great day for the beach, very few people and we got a nice spot with views.



And of course, we went to this spot to find some glass. The tide was going out, so we spent time searching and time, just enjoying the views. 



And I spent some time enjoying my feathered visitors. There are a lot of Black Capped Chickadees that live in the pines and they love to come when I put a bowl of seed on the porch.



And quite a few Tufted Titmouse. I think there was a boom in breeding this year, I have never had so many as I have this year. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and find some ways to find joy in the area where you live.




4 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Beautiful...each and every thing you've shown us!!!! I adore your runner....would love to ee it up close and personal....you should show us the center Halloween block. And that castle!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously????!!! Where and what IS that?? It looks incredible! I think I want to live there LOL.... ~Robin~

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Yes where is the castle? Your runner is lovely!!!

The Eveningstitcher said...

I love your runner...it's beautiful! The pillow is really sweet as well. I've seen Kathy Schmidt's books in Hobby Lobby and she has really cute designs! Lovely scenery as always and I love the glass! Have a good week, Deb

QuiltGranma said...

Love that curve on the bridge that your hubby is standing on! Quilt inspiration... Oh what darling birds you have visiting... the chick a dees are too fast for me to capture with a camera!