Friday, November 20, 2020

Friday Finish and Fun!

 

Another week has gone by and I feel like I just started. I was able to get a few things done this week, one was the stitchery by Kathy Schmitz. She offered it along with the design for the monthly club and I thought it was perfect for the sewing room.




I also made some more masks. Some extra for Bill since he is working and does the shopping, he can use at least two a day. The others are for my son, he is using Gaters and they do not really offer protection. He has a larger round face so the mens didn't fit him. I went up a size and used blue jean fabric on two and black broad cloth on the others, so we will see if they are big and stiff enough for him.




Last weekend we took all the boys out, my son wanted to go for a walk and we ended up tiring them all out with a hike at Barn Island, for 4 miles. 



On Sunday, Bill and I went to the Patchaug forest in Connecticut. We took a new trail that took us down some old fire roads, then a path through the woods to the overlook. The cabin is a shelter for hikers, nothing fancy but nice when you want to get off the ground.




We also took some short walks up paths on the other side, to see what they were like. I will definitely want to come back to the boardwalk when the flowers are in bloom. The long trail with the pines goes for miles, so we may try more of that path, the next time.




At home I have been enjoying the birds. I got a new feeder for them, so hopefully I can get clearer photos of them. It is one of the joys I can enjoy at home. A Tufted Titmouse, a red Breasted Nuthatch and a Downy Woodpecker.




And the leaves have fallen, which is Bean's favorite time. It is useless to rake with Bean around. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and stay safe and enjoy some adventures of your own.






6 comments:

acorn hollow said...

You are busy as always. I love seeing your walks and you change it up quite a bit.
I have worked the past 3 days and will today. We are walking after dark when I get home on our road so it is safe from traffic.
love your finished piece.
cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

LOL....I absolutely ADORE those photos of Bean with the leaves!! Absolutely precious! I think he might be a dog after my own heart. Your hikes intrigue me as always....love the boardwalk....and love that stone root cellar??? or whatever it is!!! I still am always amazed at the incredible places you have to explore and being so relatively close. I am beginning to think I was born in the wrong place LOL! Pretty stitching...and there's a lot of stitching in that!! I hope you're enjoying your weekend....something tells me you are or will be! ;-) ~Robin~ (PS...well, I FINALLY know what a Downy Woodpecker actually looks like and why they were named that LOL....)

Julie Fukuda said...

I love your posts, the needlework, the travel pictures, the birds that I don't see this side of the pond, and Bean jumping in the fallen leaves. Thanks so much for making my day!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Amazing pics...especially of Bean.
Happy Thanksgiving :)

Olde Dame Holly said...

Bean playing and snapping at the leaves - amazing pictures! So pretty where you live.

Lily Allen said...

I love your posts. Amazing pics.Thanks for the share.
clipping path