Friday, April 24, 2020

Friday Finishes!


The weeks seem to fly by which is good in some ways, but I can never get enough done, even tonight I just finished the dishes and laundry and realized I hadn't done my blog post. Tonight I did make a nice dinner since Bill is home so that took time. The good thing is, on his 4 day shifts, I get him to help me with some cleaning.

I made a pillow with a design by Cheri Saffiote. I enjoyed making this one and I love the saying.



I also spend too much time trying to make masks. I am horrible with directions and the first one I made was a flat mask with darts for the nose and chin, but It was too close to my face and I couldn't breath. The second mask was in two pieces so it has a nice cone above the nose and fits snuggly around the shin and I can breath..

I used fabric I had won which was a nice weight and I had some white sheeting material, thin but dense so I can breathe and feel comfortable but no air can get through the fibers. I also used t-shirt material to make ties. Those are nicer since I can pull on them to tighten the mask around my face. The pattern I used can be found at  Wholefully.

I modified mine to make it easier, nothing fancy, just sewed it together with the pattern pieces and made one length of rope so I could hang it from my neck.



Then I made a batch for the kids, more for the boys and a couple for Mom and Dad to try. That way they can see if they like them before I make more.



Yesterday was a fairly nice day, so we headed to the beach. I found out that my favorite place was open on weekdays only. There were a couple of wind surfers and a fisherman, so we had the beach to ourselves. It was so nice to get out in the fresh air and find some treasures.



On the way out, we stopped at three different nesting areas. One osprey decided to take off after I got one shot, so I couldn't get closer, the second pair were in a farm field, so too far away to get a close up and the third was hiding in her nest and would peak up, every so often.

I hope you all had a good week and you and your familys are safe and healthy.


8 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I used T-shirt strips for the mask ties that I made too. I like how soft they are, the elastic around the ears were ok, but when I took it off I took my glasses along with it! :o Love your sea glass!

Rugs and Pugs said...

The masks look great! I made one of those no sew ones from a bandanna and with so many layers of fabric I felt like I was suffocating. Now I just have one of those shop-garage-type masks. I figure something is better than nothing.
Great haul on the glass.
Lucky you to have someone to help with the cleaning :) It's never ending!

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Fun looking masks. We bought ours from a company and you have to tie the elastic together which is difficult and rugs at the hair.
Our parks are back open

Fiona said...

Love your cushion.... well done with the masks.
Hugz

Kate said...

Debbie, I love your pillow and it's message.

acorn hollow said...

wonderful finish as always. the time does slip by that is for sure.
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your masks look great, Debbie... I have great difficulty with masks as I am incredibly claustrophobic and the thought of something covering my nose and mouth at the same time is almost unbearable. So....I've come to the lake where I can basically avoid everything and everyone. Another great sea-glass haul!! Glad you were able to get out and about. ~Robin~

Karen said...

You certainly are a whiz at getting those Kathy Schmitz pieces done.