Friday, April 10, 2020

Friday Finishes!


I hope this posting finds you all doing well. I know for most of you, Easter will not be what you planned, we are eating alone, but I ordered fresh clams for tomorrow and plan on making chowder and clambakes. It is something we both love, so at least we can enjoy a special meal and hopefully some FaceTime with the kids.

I kept busy this week, finishing one project that I needed to make some fixes on. I used what I had and wished I had gone and gotten more light blues, I think the design would have stood out more. I also forgot on some places to raise the heights, so some are higher than. others. But, it came out ok and it was a fun project, even though it took longer than most.

The design is by Michelle Palmer and it was in an older issue of Punch Needle and Primitive Stitcher. I like that you can order online issues, and they do have a lot of nice patterns. By ordering a past year,  you save money.



Another project I finished is a free stitchery by Theodore Cleave. This one I left as is, I wanted it to be bright and happy. I also added the word hope, we all need that.



It is getting harder to find places to hike. Last weekend we went to a cemetery, which was nice and quiet and we found some interesting buildings, as well. Then people started coming in and we left.



Then we went back to the Boy Scout area, it was crowded and the roads and trail heads were packed with cars, so we kept going. Down a side road we found another hiking trail to a pond and no people, so we got to enjoy a walk by ourselves.



And on the way home, we went down another back road and found this wonderful fishing area, which is also where you can rent kayaks and paddle up river, we are definitely coming back.



And we did something at home, I got a new barn wood wall in the guest room. The wall was horrid and this way I can hang quilts and my paintings. I set up my desk from my beach room and will work on a new painting next week. Bill is going on 4 day shifts so they can keep the shifts apart, so that means he will be home more and I will have a place I can hide away in.

May you all be blessed with good health, as well as your families.


7 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Your finishes are wonderful as always. I am sticking to the same old place to walk I know it is safe and no one around. Love your new wall.
Cathy

Saundra said...

You do a great job at needlepunch. Love the barnwood.

Kate said...

Two cute projects Debbie. I like your barnboard wall - I am a big fan of barnboard.

Rugs and Pugs said...

We all need HOPE at this very scary time.
Happy, safe Easter to you and Bill.

TheCrankyCrow said...

That punch finish is adorable Debbie! You are your own worst critic LOL. You seem to have a special way with punching. I've punched a lot, but mine never seem to look as good as yours. I can't believe it was "peopley" even in the cemetery. What???! Your Easter dinner sounds amazing....I've never had fresh clams. I planned for a simple ham dinner....but we are to get up to 14" of snow and frankly, I don't know if I want to bother at this point. Wishing you and Bill a wonderfully blessed Easter... I guess if we have our health, we are blessed enough. ~Robin~

QuiltGranma said...

Love your wall and painting space! Enjoy the freedom that you have to do that while you can.

Julie Fukuda said...

I love your finishes. You could probably take bits and pieces of all your patterns and come up with your own. No fancy Easter dinner here. A long walk to the supermarket and a wait in a long line, and they were out of everything I could afford and like to eat. I bought a loaf of bread and a package of snacks and took the train home to the nearest station, giving the package of snacks to the station attendants to thank them. Calls from the kids. Watched the church service on line. Swept the street. and quilted until my fingers were sore. Easter Blessings, my friend.