Friday, April 3, 2020

Friday Finishes!


I hope this post, finds everyone in good health and in good spirits. I do miss getting out more and shopping, I am fortunate enough to have lots of supplies to keep me busy for months. Our state has closed all state parks and camps, so I am not sure if we will be able to camp off season, which is my favorite. Our trailer is also stuck at the factory, they shut down the day it was due off the line, so even when they can open, it will still take time to ship it here. I wasn't going to use our old one, but I may if we can camp locally.

I do not understand the closure of state beaches and parks, they are the biggest areas to keep your distance and now people will be congregating at the town beaches and smaller parks, which is more dangerous. Luckily I know how to avoid people and hidden areas, so hopefully we can get out this weekend.

I was able to finish a few stitcheries this week. The first is one that is offered for free, by Theodore Cleave. It was perfect for Easter and since it is larger, I made it into a mini wall hanging. It is about 9" x 11".



I also received the monthly stitchery from Kathy Schmitz, another fun Easter piece. This time I reduced the design and made two, lavender pillows. They were fun to do and I like how they came out.



We did find a place with no people last weekend. We went to the Boy Scout camp, which is closed for the season. The camp is on a beautiful lake, with lots of roads and trails. We found a new area with camps and a pathway and enjoyed being outside without worry.

This part of the camp is older and had some leftovers from the 30's and equipment for clearing out the newer areas.



We ended our walk at the main camp. There were a few more people that had come in, so we avoided them and waited for a couple to leave the little beach, so Bean could have some play time. It was nice to get out and nice to get some fresh air exercise. I hope all of you are finding ways to get out and stay safe.

I wanted a nice photo of the guys and Bean was acting up, and of course, the minute he poses, Bill acts up, lol.



7 comments:

Kate said...

Very nice pieces, Debbie, and I love the photos! Take care.

acorn hollow said...

In our area there were large groups of people hiking and there is no way you could avoid people when that many hit the trails. It was crazy how many were hiking together.
I am sticking close to home and walking our old dirt road. rarely do I ever meet anyone.
I love your projects it must feel good to finish right away with them. Hooking takes longer.
Cathy

Julie Fukuda said...

I am interested in that old scout camp. The origins of the "Order of the Arrow"(scouting's National Honor Society) come from the story of the native tribe in the valley of the Delaware, and may have involved scouters from that part of the states. I remember how Nikko loved to be let off the leash and just run like crazy if big circles. And, if you think it is hard to get aa good shot of one man and a dog, try adding six kids. We used to try getting a photo for christmas cards, and before the digital age, that meant taking a whole roll of film and then waiting a week for the prints to come back and sorting through to find even one picture where everyone was looking somewhat in the direction of the camera ... and it wasn't always the dog that was misbehaving.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Sweet finishes as always.
You be careful out there (not that you need my motherly advice...lol), but with all your health issues, it is even scarier.
Be safe and healthy!!!

Karen said...

I was wondering if you got your new trailer yet....not that it would do much good to have at this time. About all that is open now is private campgrounds and some of them in areas of our country have closed too.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Always fun to see your wonderful finishes Debbie. I especially love the two bunny sachet tucks! That campground you found looks like a great place to explore...especially the older area....oh that pump!!! I am patiently waiting for it to get a bit milder here....and of course, then it will be spongy mud season...but at least it will feel like spring and I can attempt a little clean up of my flower beds, etc. Stay well and safe... Sunday Smiles ~ Robin. (PS....I really adore that ship piece in your header....looks like it is done in watercolor?? Is that one of your designs? Or an antique? Reproduction?? It's beautiful.... I have been on the hunt for something "nautical" or coastal to hook, but am not finding anything I absolutely love (and I have to love it given how slowly I hook LOL).....)

Fiona said...

lovely sewing, we are lucky to have supplies and a hobby (addiction) to keep occupied. so many changes for us all but great you can find some places to get out and have a walk.
Hugz