Friday, March 6, 2020

Friday Finishes!


This week I got a few pieces done, something to keep me busy, while I fight off the last of the bronchitis. The meds don't help with my allergies, but they were needed. Unfortunately my neighbors seem to be having a fireplace week and all the smoke is blowing into my house, so that isn't helping. As the meds wear off, the coughing is subsiding, so with a nice weekend coming up, I will be spending it outside and cleaning out my lungs.

This first design is a free design, offered by C&T Publishing. They also have quilting designs and other items, worth checking them out.



Then I decided to use one of my punch needle designs to create a wool bunny. It is a fun design to make simple bunnies and you can make them in any size. This one is a little larger, so he can sit with my pillows. He measures 10" tall. I just noticed I forgot his whiskers, lol. I think the lack of oxygen is making me daft.



And with a new month, is a new design by Kathy Schmitz. I was really hoping for a bunny, but it is still a beautiful design and I need lots of lavender pillows. I bought two pounds and it smells a lot nicer than what I get at the local shop.



And of course I got out last weekend. Being sick does not keep me down and exploring new areas, as well as the fresh air, always makes me feel better. Since I wasn't up to par, we went to the beach and let Bean run on the beach. The tide had just started to go down, but I was able to find a few nice pieces of glass.

One nice thing about a good zoom lens is, I can take shots of lighthouses that are further away. This one is on Dutch Island, a place we went when I was young. We would have a picnic on the beach and explore the old underground forts.




On Sunday I was still sick, but still wanted to explore, so I picked a route that took us in a circle, in Rhode Island, to Connecticut and back again. The first places we stopped at, were the ponds. I was able to see the eagle at both places, even though they are further away. We also spotted a Hawk, along the route.



In Connecticut we found some new waterfalls. With the rivers, there are a lot of dams and waterfalls.



And it wouldn't be a trip without finding a new cemetery. This one was hidden on a hill, behind a newer cemetery and offered a few new designs, that I haven't seen. I guess I need to start working on my new booklet, it will have designs, history and fun tidbits on area cemeteries.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. We have some warm days coming up, so I plan on enjoying it, as much as I can.


10 comments:

Kate said...

Debbie, I love all your new makes - the bunny is adorable. Fab photos as usual. Hope you're well again really soon.

Fiona said...

lovely work. I have one of Kathy's books, I must get it out as I love her designs... hope your chest clears up
Hugz

Rugs and Pugs said...

You got some great shots on your weekend wanderings! Thanks for sharing.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Adorable little bunny Debbie! Hope you are back to 100% soon....but I swear you get more exploring and adventuring in being ill than I do when I am feeling fine LOL. That lighthouse is beautiful...and underground forts?? How cool is that?! Great new cemetery find....some of those tombstones look translucent almost. Hope your weekend is going well. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Allie said...

Cute new makes!!! That bunny is very sweet. You sure get around, girl, even when you're not feeling well! Hope you're better soon.

Susan said...

It sounds like a lovely time! Thanks for the tip on C & T. I did find that free design plus a few more things I liked. The bunny is cute. I'm sure his whiskers will grow back in. It's too bad about the accident, but at least it was only his whiskers that got caught! =)

QuiltGranma said...

Love your new projects completed! Sometimes I look at something and read it wrong... like Woolensnails. THAT would be a great woolie project! Don't you think?

acorn hollow said...

That bunny is just the sweetest. I need a camera the phone is just not doing it.
Such wonderful shots.
Cathy

logo digitizing said...

I have read your blog you did great work it's really helpful for me and thank you for sharing.

Julie Fukuda said...

I just live those little pillows and the bunny is just darling. Even with health issues, tou managed to get out and grab some lovely shots. I would go crazy having to deal with all that smoke too.