Friday, February 28, 2020

Friday Finish!


It was a slow week with the flu, mostly watching tv, resting, cleaning and working on my projects. I had to redo the background for my snowmen, better than before but not what I wanted. At this point, I am not redoing it again, so I will fix a few things on the main design and leave it as is.

I do enjoy stitching when I am sick, easy to do and few supplies to gather. I made up some more lavender sachets with a design by Theodore Cleave. She used to offer a lot of nice free designs, but she still sells some nice ones. They are great as gifts and I still have a batch of finished stitcheries, for a quilt or I may make pillows as gifts, since the saying are so nice.

I loved making this one, and fun to color in. I tried some buttons on one and glitter floss in the middle of the other flowers. I also used glitter thread for their wings. I usually get lavender from a local shop, but since I am stuck at home, I decided to order some online. I was surprised at how fragrant it was, much better than what I have gotten. I think 2 pounds will make plenty of sachets to place around the house and some in the new trailer.



Last weekend we were able to see eagles at both ponds. The problem was, my camera was acting up and wouldn't focus, so I think I am pressing the button on the side by accident, so I have to watch my settings when I shoot. Most of the photos came out blurry from the first spot, so hopefully I can get better ones, the next time. He flew close a few times and then he flew off with a hawk, following behind.



I also enjoy watching the birds in my backyard. It is the time of year when large flocks gather in the area. There is a flock of robins and a lot of different blackbirds, they fill the trees around me.



And one day I noticed that one of the squirrel's nests had gotten twice the size. I looked with my binoculars to see what it looked like and this is what I saw. A squatter took it for a safe place to sleep, but he did leave the next day. I rarely see raccoons, but I think he was startled by something or at night and wanted somewhere safe, to catch up on some sleep.



We haven't been glass hunting lately, it is way to cold and breezy at the beach. We decided to go for a quick look and grabbed what we saw as we walked down the beach and this is what I found.



And I decided that I needed to make early reservations if I wanted to get a spot at Wolfe's Neck in Maine. It is a working farm on the ocean, so we can relax, bike ride and paddle, and lots of places to visit in the area. We stayed there fifteen years ago and even though I can't paddle the long distances, it will be fun to paddle in the coves.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.


7 comments:

Fiona said...

I love those little pillows... your colouring cheers them up so nicely... Lovely walks and photo's...
Hugz

acorn hollow said...

Always busy glad you got your reservations for the summer.
funny to see the that raccoon!
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Sure hope you're on the mend soon... I have been hearing and reading about so many who are down with the flu. I guess this is the time of year when it is the worst. Beautiful photo of the eagle...even given the non-cooperative camera. Seems I never have mine handy when I see them. One flew directly in front of our car on Thursday....it was incredible. No Robins here yet....guess they are smart birds after all LOL. As always, love, love, love your sea glass!! Happy weekend Debbie! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Rugs and Pugs said...

I hope you are feeling better!
Even not feeling well, you are always so productive.

Deb said...

Hope you are feeling better this year the flu seems to take forever to shake. I just love Theodora Cleave's designs, I still have old pattern booklets from when she sold as the Woodcutters Daughter. I love the coloring technique on your sachets they are so sweet and love the use of the buttons.

Carole said...

Your finish is lovely. The flu is no fun ... Hoping you are starting to feel you self again. Cheers!

Julie Fukuda said...

At a time hare where everyone is panicking about the new virus, you seem to have recovered pretty quickly. I guess I should be using my "down time" to more advantage just in case I really do get sick.