Friday, December 27, 2019

Holiday Happenings!


This has been a whirlwind week, as I am sure it was for everyone. I wouldn't say it was the perfect Christmas, but I enjoyed time with the family and that is all that counts. I have been working on a new project, already planning for next year, so that will be done for next week.

The good thing is Bill is home, the bad thing is, Bill is home, lol. We are able to get out and enjoy a few nice days and he is working on the bathroom, so we might actually have it done in the new year.

One fun thing we got to do was, see the otters on the pond. I noticed people getting shots of them, so we went to check it out and I was able to capture this guy, finishing up his last fish.



Afterwards, we got some time at the beach. We had the beach to ourselves and lots of area to explore, but the wind got too cold, so just an hour of treasure hunting. The pink piece is in the shape of a heart, that was my treasure of the day.



I also get to enjoy the winter birds who are visiting my feeders. This is a Dark eyed Junco.



We also found some old graveyards, I love the old stones. This one was  in the Hopkinton cemetery, I loved the saying on the large stone. It is a shame that so many are so worn, the sayings are worn off.



And in Jamestown we got to explore an old graveyard with a lot of nice angel stones.



And of course there was Christmas. Bean got a little Zealous while I was wrapping and started opening one of Nick's presents. He was not too happy about getting yelled at, but thrilled when he got his own.



We had the kids over Christmas Eve and let them open their presents then. The boys loved their guitars and we decided to keep them here, I don't mind if they want to be noisy. We had Christmas dinner at the kids, and I save a few presents for them, but none of my pictures came out well.



Yesterday was a rest day, though I had a ton of laundry and things to catch up on, but the rest of the time, I rested. Today it was time with the boys. We took them to a thrift store, which they had a ball exploring, then a picnic at the point to watch the ferries, then time on the beach. As usual the wind picked up and it got colder, but the boys definitely got worn out. Alex fell asleep and Nick said he was going to go home and chill.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and I look forward to creating in the new year.


5 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds wonderful Debbie! Memories made for you, and the boys,

Fiona said...

sounds good and lots happening.... such wonderful memories for those boys.... lovely walks too.... sounds like Bill is keeping busy too..... all the best for 2020....
Hugz

acorn hollow said...

It sounds like a busy wonderful time with your family
cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

Those old gravestones are too cool.
Making more memories with the boys. Priceless.
Health and happiness to you and Bill in 2020.
Happy New Year.

Julie Fukuda said...

Our holiday has been crazy with kids and grandkids. Today they are out on their own and this is the first chance I have had to catch up on my blog-browsing. I hope when the dust settles I can make a post. Have a great year!