Friday, December 20, 2019

Friday finish and Freebie!


I hope everyone is done with their holiday shopping and can enjoy some time to relax and enjoy the holidays. We will have the kids over on Christmas Eve, so dinner and gift giving, then on Christmas Day we go to their house. I always save a present for the boys and I will have a little something for guests. 

This week I wanted to try something new, a cookie cutter gingerbread boy. The first one I kept simple and the second one, I added a fun outfit and bells. I love doing these and I think it would be fun to make more as gifts for next year and make them in different styles to fit the person, who gets them.




Another item I made was a gift card holder. I needed something to put the kid's card in and made up a mitten with a nativity scene. The nativity is a design I found on the web and then fit it to the mitten. The mitten is a pale green and the cuff is a green roving that I needle felted, into the felt. The appliqué is all wool, and a few touches that I add as I go. My shapes were different than the original so I just added some facial features to fit. 

The  mitten is a little over 6" long. The stitches are done with a khaki wool thread, but it stands out more in the photo. It's a great, last minute gift idea, that can be done in a day. 




May you all have a wonderful holiday week, no matter how you celebrate, may peace and love fill your lives and homes this year.



7 comments:

Lady Locust said...

Sweet! You are so very talented. Love the idea of Gbread people to match the recipient- 1 vote yes you should do that. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas with lots of hugs from those grandboys 🎄

acorn hollow said...

wonderful as always! Enjoy your family and those sweet boys.
Merry Christmas
Cathy

Saundra said...

The gingerbread figures are sweet. Merry Christmas.

Fiona said...

lovely gingerbread ornaments and the mitten is a great idea.... well done.... Have a lovely Christmas...
Hugz

PaulaB quilts said...

So original and creative. I love your old fashion style. Have a Merry Christmas and God bless you.

Rugs and Pugs said...

As usual, such sweet finishes.
Merry Christmas to you and Bill.

QuiltGranma said...

Love it, thank you for the pattern.