Monday, August 12, 2019

Weekend Camping!


Well, it seems it is becoming a bad habit, I get sick or hurt on camping trips, lol. This time I was sick. I know Alex had a fever the day before we took them out, so I assume I got something from him, since my son told me they were all sick this weekend with the flu, too.

But I had my med and it kept me moving, even if I crashed more often, I was able to have some fun and enjoy some rest. I tend to go and then come home and crash, I feel like I got hit by a truck, but it was worth it.

Today I did one more paddle which was what did me in, it was a little calmer, so I was able to paddle into the cove with my good camera and lucked out by spotting a female Belted Kingfisher.



I had my little kayak, harder to paddle but fun to putt around, in the coves. Bill was taking photos of me, I was checking out the areas around our site for clean spots. It was a lot more murky this time, but still swimmable.



Of course Bean did what Bean loves. He would stay in the water all day if we let him. We went for lots of walks too, fun to check out the other campers and sites, in the surrounding sections.



And the weather was perfect, sunny most of the time, with a nice breeze. The sunsets were beautiful over the pond.



And after it set, it was still beautiful with the colors in the clouds.



We enjoyed our time and sad that we didn't get to bring the boys, but with them being sick and with my energy level, it would have been too much for all of us. When we got home, I was treated to the new Cedar Waxwings that are visiting. This is the type of bird that I had found on the ground, so maybe one is him, there were a lot more today, so I assume it was a new family in the area.

I hope you all had a nice weekend and enjoyed seeing some of the beauty at Burlingame camp. It is a nice camp to visit, lots of nature and close to the oceans, as well.


4 comments:

gracie said...

Sorry you did not feel well. Thank you for sharing your photos.

Rugs and Pugs said...

I hope the boys are feeling better and your energy has returned.
GORGEOUS sunset pics.

Julie Fukuda said...

Such wonderful pictures! I guess they were worth the price. Hope all are recovering. Now, if only Bean could share that energy...

Terry said...

Beautiful sunset! I lost your blog a while ago when I had to redo things on my computer and I'm so happy I've found you again! :0)