Friday, August 16, 2019

Friday Finish!


This week I worked on a stitchery from Kathy Schmitz's, One Stitch Club. This one was a fun one to do and I added some color for fun. I am leaving it for now, since I may add a wedding date and name. One of my nieces is getting married and I thought it might make a nice little gift. I will probably add a border and make it into a pillow.

Not the best photo, took with my phone, but it looks much nicer in person.


A short one tonight, my heart is heavy. I found out today that one of my daughter's best friends died. They found her unresponsive, so I am assuming it was a drug overdose. She had called me this week, out of the blue and now I wish I had the time to invite her over. I know the pain her family is going through and a loss for us as well, she spent a lot of time at our house too, when the girls were younger.

This is a photo of them together, now they are together in heaven.


8 comments:

Terry said...

Pretty stitchery! I'm so sorry for your loss.

acorn hollow said...

So young such a loss for both families. I am so very sorry.
Love your stitching.
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

My heart aches for you and the family. So very sad and so many lives ruined.
Hugs.

WoolenSails said...

For Terry, thank you for your recent comments. I cannot replay to your comments since you are no reply and no email on your website. For some reason I cannot leave comments on sites that do not have the security pictures, so I cannot leave comments on your blog, but I do read them.

Debbie

Fiona said...

Oh Debbie, how sad about your daughters friend. I can only imagine how hard it is for you. Big hugs from me. a lovely stitchery happening - so good to have a craft to do..
Hugz

Susan said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter's friend. I'm guessing it brings your own loss back stronger. I liked your comment that now they are together. That's a comforting thought, isn't it? The stitchery is lovely. I like Kathy's designs, and this one is ... well, homey!

PaulaB quilts said...

What a tragic loss. You can take comfort in the thought of them together in heaven. I will picture uniting with my son someday. God bless you, Debbie.

Karen said...

What memories your daughter's friend's passing must have brought back to you. Odd that she had so recently called you. I had that happen many years ago with a friend.

On a better note, your stitchery is a good one. I tend to like most any design with a bee skep in it. You have been doing the monthly stitcheries for a good while. Will you do it again next year?