Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Tuesday Tidbits!


First of all, I would like to request a favor from those of you who follow Buttermilk Basin's postings. She had a puzzle last week and I got the first two and forgot to grab the third one and she took it down. So if you have the third one, I would truly appreciate a copy.

I also made a pillow earlier, but couldn't show a photo, until it was gifted, so today I will show you what I made.

The saying is from Cheri Saffiote and I added a design by Kindred Spirits to personalize it. I wanted to give it a cleaner look and a ragged edge, so used heavier materials. It was fun to make and I do enjoy making personalized items for friends.


For the back I used an old ticking, that I had grunged up a bit.


This weekend was nice, the sun was out and not too cold. I bundle up and it gives me some time on the beach, before my hands freeze up. Even when I am sick, a few hours on the beach, makes me forget how miserable I am, lol.

There were no people on Saturday, so we had the beach to ourselves and lots of new glass to be found.


Sunday was a little cooler but a warm sun for a few hours. There are also more people on the beach, but no one seemed to be collecting glass, so more for me;) I love the olive greens and the bright greens will be used in projects for next Christmas.


We even found some new colors and pottery. The worn shell pieces will become angel wings.


And as an added treat, we stumbled onto a new friend. Not sure how to tell the sex of a seal, but it was quite happy to share the beach with us, as long as we kept our distance. It was nice to get out while we could and even if it wore me out a bit, it was good for my soul.

I am working on some more colored pencil pieces, so Friday I will have a review on the new products I am using.


8 comments:

acorn hollow said...

looks like your new friend had their eye on you.
lovely piece as always
Cathy

Kate said...

What a find on the beach - the seal and all that beautiful sea glass!! Love the pillow, Debbie.

Dawn said...

How wonderful to see a seal!
LOVE the friendship pillow, it's wonderful.
Thanks for sharing!

Rugs and Pugs said...

You always find a treasure trove of glass.
Sweet pillow for a friend.

Raymond Homestead said...

Cute picture of the seal. Love the stitchery and the saying.

Fiona said...

the pillow is lovely..... and the seal looks very comfortable there... great glass finds.... that will keep you busy...

HUgz

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh SQUEAL!! A seal!!! I have never seen one up close and personal like that. What a treat for you!! I just can’t believe how much glass you are able to collect!! I don’t have access to a beach like you do, but every time I am near one, I look....and only have a few pieces to show for it after years and years. Love the pillow...such a sweet saying. Bet the giftee loved it. Hope you had a great hump day..... Robin

Saundra said...

Pillow is very nice; surprised the colored pencils did such a good job of coverage.