Friday, May 5, 2017

Friday Finishes?


It looks like another week of not enough time. With Nick here during the day, I have little time for myself and by the time they leave, I am catching up around the house and only have a few hours to stitch, but that is ok, I love having Nick and hopefully we can get on a better schedule.

I finished one more angel, from my old set and started a new one, which will be a pillow for me. I like making larger pillows to set on my chest and Moki loves them too, it is one of  his favorite spots to sleep.


I received two packages this week, I guess it was my lucky week, last week. I won Kathy Schmitz's giveaway on the One Stitch at a Time Club. I enjoyed spending my money and got a lot of wonderful patterns and a pack of threads and material to use for the club. She also sent me some additional prizes, bookmarks, gift cards, a banner pattern and an acorn pin. I felt like it was Christmas, she is so generous with his giveaways and special surprises for me.


I also won a bag from the Green Bag Lady. Not only did I get the beautiful floral print bag, I also got a bonus Christmas bag. I want to make my own, so this way I can use her pattern and see the finished bag, to help me out. I think it is a wonderful idea to use as a gift bag, then I can put gifts or a pillow inside the bag, instead of wrapping paper. I also think it is a nice idea for the cancer heart pillows, then they can carry their pillows and items in the bag, lots of possibilities.


He loves to help, we got a couple of daisy plants to get a start on the garden area. He also loved spraying Bean and Grandma, lol.



And or course Nick, he loves to play outside and that is fun if it is nice out. It is also more relaxing for me if he is playing in one place, instead of running around the house. We took him shopping and he wanted the wheel barrow set, he loved pushing it around the yard. Earlier this morning he and Grandpa where pushing their wheelbarrows around the yard, wish I had seen that, but Grandma slept in so she could have more energy;)



8 comments:

Sandi said...

Wow what a score you made on gifts from Kathy, they should keep you busy for about ten minutes. I'm amazed how quickly you get your stitching done! Glad you got a bit of a sleep in.

Nick looks cute working in the garden, that wheelbarrow is just right for him.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Congrats on your wins!
Nick is going to wear you out. That's why God gives children to young 'uns. Nice though that you get to spend so much time with him.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Karen said...

You should have bought a lottery ticket. You probably would have won.

Kate said...

Nice winnings Debbie! Cute pix of Nick - enjoy your time with him - don't get too worn out. :)

julieQ said...

Lovely winnings...enjoy!! I especially love your angel stitcheries, as I am doing a study of them this spring.

cucki said...

Yay
Woo hoo
Congrats my dear x

Julie Fukuda said...

Some real nice goodies there. Well done!

Allie-oops Designs said...

What darling angels!!! And I love all your goodies from Kathy, won't you have fun - that might keep you busy, lol! Congrats on both your wins! I think my boys had a wheelbarrow like that....so fun!