Monday, November 7, 2011

What was I thinking!

Today we got our new bedroom set, it sure looked smaller in the store, lol.
I have a nice mattress, so we didn't buy one for the new bed. But my mattress is the new extra high ones and even without the bottom half, it is way too high for the new bed. Guess I need to go shopping again, hopefully we can find a sale somewhere, hate to spend too much, but I do need to find something that can support my back and still be soft on my sore bones.


Now I will have to think of a new quilt for the bed. Once we get a normal mattress, it will be easier to make one for this bed, I won't need the longer sides this time. I think the fabric that Barbara Brackman sent me, would make a beautiful quilt for this bed, so now I need to decide on a pattern. For now I am recleaning clothes and putting things away. With the under bed storage I can put extra blankets and sheets and free up some closet room in the bathroom. I guess I need to make curtains too, something simple for a topper.

Hard to get a photo with the right angles, so everything looks cramped in the room. There is a secretary desk in the corner with the flowers and to the right I have my large ladder, that Bill made me. It is also Casey's bed spot, since he sleeps next to me. Maybe I need the ladder to get into bed, lol.


21 comments:

Linda said...

Gorgeous bedroom furniture!!! The mattress does look a wee bit tall!! LOL!! We used to have that problem too. We bought a reproduction sleigh bed. Before and for a while after I had the girls, I had to use a step stool to get in and out of bed. Made me laugh when I saw yours.

Vicki W said...

I'm so short that I'd have to have a step ladder to get in that bed! lol!

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

You better watch out when you sit up in bed, that ceiling fan might give you a hair cut! lol...I too, would need a step ladder to get into bed!

Nancy in MT said...

I'm trying not to laugh, but you could break a bone if you fell of that bed. It is beautiful.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Beautiful bedroom furniture....I'm so short I would have to have a running start! My folks have a really tall bed and my dad can hop right in but poor ol mom has to have a step stool!

Barbara said...

Oh my gosh! You need a ladder. Seriously, check into the sleep number bed. I love ours.

Deb said...

awesome suite!! it looks almost like the princess and the pea! it looks so inviting. I am sure with one of your wonderful quilts it would be the perfect room! love it

primitivebettys said...

My son's bed it is very high too. You could do like he does... get a running start and JUMP! :-)

moosecraft said...

The furniture is gorgeous! I'd love to be able to have them deliver a set to my home! But yes, the princess and the pea mattress is giving me the giggles this morning! :-) What type of mattress did they use in the store display?

Kathy (woolfind) said...

I like Betty's idea of the running start and jump lol. It sure is high, but looks oh so comfy. I know we will be in need of a new one (ours is quite old), but holding off because of the expense. Your furniture is beautiful.

Anna said...

Beautiful! But I agree with all the comments of getting in and out! A slide would be better on the bones!

Libby said...

Beautiful . . . . but TALL!

~Madalynne~ said...

Gorgeous furniture! Love the hardware on it.

Brenis said...

Oh new mattress - pshaw! LOL Just get one of those cute little ladder step stools! Or better yet, have Bill make you one! :) It's gorgeous Deb, and all that storage space... totally worth having to climb to get in! hee hee You know what ikea says... small spaces you need to use everything available to you to do double duty! :D I think one of your runners on the floor next to the bed would look delicious!

Joanne said...

Riley would love that bed - He loves high spots! LOL Don't be falling out of bed you'll be hurting yourself! Great furniture!

Mosaic Magpie said...

The bed is beautiful, get one of those mini trampolines to jump into bed each night. It is hard to find one of the old syle mattresses.
Deb

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

That is funny. Sort of like the princess and the pea. I like the furniture though.

paulette said...

Oh Debbie!! Love your new furniture...all that storage is wonderful but had to giggle over how high the mattress is and loved reading the comments. You will have to show us your solution when you figure out what to do. The trampoline idea sounds fun...hahaha
Take care and don't break any bones getting in or out!!
P

Firecracker Kid said...

OMGosh Debbie... lol. Reminds me a bit of the Princes and the Pea.
Sweet bedroom suite, but now you really gotta get a step stool gal.
You'll work this out lickity split.
Hugs~Carol

Carrie P. said...

I have a friend who has a bed that sits up high and uses some nice looking wooden steps to climb into be.
Really nice furniture.

bingo~bonnie said...

The Temperpedic mattresses are WONDERFUL - we bought ours this summer and I've never had a better night's rest! ever!

The box is just that - a box with a velvet fabric over it... so you really wouldn't need it - which is perfect for your bed situation.

love all the extra drawers and storage!

Happy Naptimes, ~bonnie