Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Christmas snowmen and Winner!

I was in the mood to make a punch needle, and this is a design that was made by Brenda Gervais for our punch needle group booklet. This was in 2007 and I finally got around to making it, lol. It was fun to do and now I am trying to decide what to do with it. I wanted to make it into a quilt, but not sure how that would look as a centerpiece and if I put it on a penny rug, it would be hard for the person, who is getting it, to display anything on it. So, maybe I will just make a pillow or a little hanging bag from it and make a penny rug with appliques.

I tried a close up, really makes the loops look lumpy, lol.


And now for the winner. I was dressed as a pumpkin head scarecrow, so most of you got it right. The winner of a free epattern is..... rebecca! Congratulations to Rebecca, send me an email with your choice of pattern.

18 comments:

Patti said...

I love your finish! Absolutely beautiful! Perfect however you decide to finish it.
Blessings, Patti

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh...I so love every design of Brenda's - she's gonna keep me in stitches and punches till the day I die....And you did her proud! Figuring out finishes is always the hardest part for me...you can only "frame" so much and have so many pillows....but know you'll figure out the perfect finale....Congratulations to Rebecca...and thanks for another fun giveaway Debbie! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Terry said...

Those snowmen are so cute! :0)

Ann said...

What a gorgeous punch needle piece. I can't wait to see what you decide to do to finish it - that's always a stumbling block for me too. Congrats to Rebecca. ~Ann

rebecca said...

I think I am a winner! How fun.

I am going to be a punch needle person now. Exciting!!

I was unable to figure out an e-mail for you?

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Love your needle punch and thanks so much for the fun giveaway! Congrats to Rebecca!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Great punched piece Debbie! Really looks nice.
Congrat's to Rebecca.. Lucky gal!

~Madalynne~ said...

Congrats to Rebecca! Love the needlepunch snowmen!

Staci said...

I love your snowmen! I want to reach right through the screen and touch it. Your photo really brings out the lovely texture of the piece!

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

It turned out beautiful. I love snowmen. Love the design.

Vicki W said...

I love the snowmen and I think any of your options will work great!

annie said...

That is absolutely beautiful!
Congrats to Rebecca!

frontporchprims said...

I love the colors!!! It looks so soft to. It is a very cute design. Good job. -Steph-

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Rebecca...I loooove Brenda's designs...Your snowman punch is absolutely GORGEOUS!!
patti

Berit said...

Very sweet finish!

Somehow, I felt you were the scarecrow, but when I saw the cute pic of your blonde, blonde little boys I felt truly certain. :D

Linda said...

Gorgeous!!!!! What a beautiful piece. The design of the snowmen really stand out.

Carrie P. said...

OH, I guessed right.Congrats Rebecca!
Oh, your snow men are so cute.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Perfect! I love it!