Monday, September 25, 2017

Weekend wanderings!


We had another beautiful weekend, but Bill had to work on Saturday. Sunday was our day out and we made the most of being out, by going to Fort Getty where we just sat on the beach and enjoyed the views and Bean got to run and play, all he wanted.

I thought the bay would be rough, but the waters were pretty calm and lots of kayakers were out. I wish we had bought ours, someday I want to paddle over to Dutch Island, where you can see this lighthouse.



We had the beach to ourselves, but of course, people started coming in, so we went to the divers beach. Lots of people with dogs go there and I can usually let Bean play off leash, even with people. I was also getting hot, so I slipped my suit on in the car and was able to play in the water with Bean. The water was cool but full of chopped of seaweed and icky stuff, so I didn't go for a swim.



On the way back we saw a big ship, so I stopped to get a photo, this is the Regal Princess, I never realized how big the cruise ship was, till I saw it with all the other boats.



When we went to pull over, something big flew up past our car, so I had to go see what it was.



A turkey vulture, and while I was taking photos, I finally realized why there were there, when the smell hit me, a dead raccoon. 



Today Bill went to work and things were slow, so he decided to come home early so we could go to the beach and watch the sunset. Well, we left the house and headed for the bridge and a huge fog bank came rolling in and covering everything so that you couldn't even see the island. But, we just wanted to get out so we went to the lighthouse first and a good time to hide a few rocks. There were a few kids coming and going, so hopefully they found the fun rocks. As you can see, no sunset tonight, at least on the ocean.

Afterwards we went back to the beach at the forts and enjoyed a walk down the beach, and of course, adding a few more rocks to my collection. I hope everyone had a nice weekend.



5 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I can not believe the weather crazy. I am looking forward to cool fall weather
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

It's amazing how large those cruise ships are.
Turkey vultures sure are an ugly creature!!! Great photos.

Julie Fukuda said...

Great pictures, even of that ugly vulture. Bean sure knows how to enjoy beach time.

The Eveningstitcher said...

Fun day, Debbie! It's been horribly hot here in Michigan too....I think today will be the last of it...I hope....I'm not a fan of 90 degree weather in September...my pumpkins are wilting! Have a great week!

Sandi said...

You must have posted this just after I looked at your blog last night. Wow! What unseasonably hot weather you're having. Looks like you had fun with Bean.

Great pictures of the turkey vulture, I've never seen one. Too bad about the fog rolling ing but an interesting photo. Have a great week.