Friday, May 19, 2017

Friday Finish and Fun!


Another whirlwind week, lots of outdoor time with Nick, way too much extra cleaning and a sleepover, but I did manage to get the newest block done from Suzy's Sitcom.

This one was fun, love the word and how she has the little baby bird, taking his first step from the nest. This is something that will be a great inspirational quilt and hopefully I don't make a mess of it. She has borders, so I may do her style or I may do it more wonky and fun, that way if my blocks aren't perfect, no one will notice;)



With a record hot week, we spent days at the beach, having fun in the water.


Afternoons in the pool, having fun. Having fun until Nick kicked up water and his foot landed into Beans mouth. So, after a few days of a sore bruised toe, he is back to running around again.


Yesterday I bought my play kayak. It is great to putt around in and the water was calm enough to paddle around the cove with him.


Today was the last hot day, which is fine with me. Nick found a friend to play with. I took some videos of the two of them, if you would like to see, you can visit my You Tube Channel. It is cute, since Nick was watching over him and holding his hand. His dad was very appreciative to have someone play and watch him while he sat with his baby daughter.

I am still cleaning and will be till I go to bed, lol. I do not plan on spending my weekend at home, the weather is cooler and it is a perfect time for some hiking. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.




9 comments:

Fiona said...

Children and water go together so well don't they... wonderful way to spend hot weather...
Hugz

Karen said...

I have been enjoying your Nick videos on Facebook. Not sure how you have had time to have a Friday Night Finish this week.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Love the pictures :o)

cucki said...

Aww so cute
Love and smiles x

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Love your block! And such fun photos--such a cutie!

Julie Fukuda said...

Love those pictures. Nice weather definitely to be enjoyed!

Allie-oops Designs said...

That is a really cute stitchery pattern! I've been really enjoying your pics and videos of Nick on Facebook, he's such a doll and takes me back to when my own boys were that small. We practically lived at the beach in summer, lol. I hope you're having a great weekend out and about!

acorn hollow said...

So nice you have had some good time to enjoy Nick. So fun when they find a friend and see how they interact.
Your stitching is wonderful as always.
I too have been cleaning washing curtains and windows always makes me feel better after.
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

I think grandma and grandpa are spoiling that boy ~ but that's what they are for :)