Friday, November 30, 2012

New Ornies from Freebies!


I saw a link to a french blog called Scrap Quilt and Stitch for a free pattern and never did find the actual pattern. But, I found another one with 3 cute wool pieces. I loved the moose and had to do it in a stitchery. There are other freebies, as well, so check out the blog and some wonderful free patterns for the holidays.

I made mine into a flat ornie and antiqued it. I think these are nice to hang from a tree or a peg rack.


Then I wanted to make something small and quick to add to a package. I found this fun tree fabric and made some mini tree shapes. I added some balsam to them and then a few ties and a star, and instant ornie for a package and the scent of maine pine for their home.

If you would like another wonderful free pattern, visit Jo Ann at Wool Crazies. She has a wonderful pattern for a snowman and stocking for you wool lovers.


13 comments:

Firecracker Kid said...

Aww, I love that moose too. Classic :)
Hugs~Carol

Linda said...

Cute!!! Moose are too cute!!!

Melody said...

Very cute

Carrie P. said...

the moose are too cute!

cucki said...

So sweet x

Deborah OHare said...

Okay Debbie, today I need to know the definition of an "ornie":)

Mugwump Woolies said...

Fun...love the moose!
Have a great weekend,
Robyn

Karen said...

I saved the pattern for the moose last year but have not made use of it. Your idea is a good one for using it.

Terry said...

Your moose are so cute! :0)

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

These are really cute!

Fiona said...

love the expressions on the mooses! (is that they right plural??)
Hugz

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Sooo cute. Loved that link to the sock pattern. Not that I want to make anymore socks for a while but I passed it on to my sister.

The Joy of Needlework said...

I like the moose and the Christmas trees are so cute. You sure have been one busy ladie. Hey come up for a breath of fresh air. Hugs, LenZie