Sunday, December 2, 2012

Weekend Wanderings!


Yesterday was a cold day and we got snow and rain, so it was a good day to go shopping. I found a new store that I wanted to check out and had fun walking around the rooms, at least three times. The store is called Carol's Country Corner and she carries primitive and country goods. You could walk around a second time and see things you missed the first time, so a fun activity for a rainy day. There were a lot of wonderful prims and some antiques and I took some photos, but most came out bad or blurry. This was one of my favorite displays, wouldn't this set up, be fun in a corner of the house.


Here are some of the goodies I got, the sheep and the spool candle will go with a sewing display, that I will be doing in my sewing room. Bill bought the tin candle and striped candle, he had to have it, lol. He is worse than I am, he went so far as to pull that garland off a tree, since it was the last one. He said he liked it, think I should leave him in the car, next time;)


Today was beautiful, a bit cloudy at times and a bit of drizzle, but the rain stayed away and it was a lot warmer. We wanted to check out the area at Point Judith, where there is the lighthouse and fishing area with the breakers. This is what we found at the fishing area. The area was deteriorating from some recent storms and hurricane Sandy did a lot more damage. This is the parking lot now, before it went to the sign, way in the back of the photo. Half of the old parking area, is gone.


We also went to Black Rock. The high cliffs were fine, but as we walked, we realized all the bush was gone. Then we went onto the beach and saw why, the storm came up and ripped away at the land and took half of it, back into the sea and left more piles of rocks on the beach and the pathways.


There was a lot of damage further up and areas where the path got taken down, but it is still a beautiful place to walk and enjoy the views. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.



7 comments:

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Oh boy I wish we had stores like that to visit around here! Looks like you found some wonderful treasures :)

Barbara said...

That's my kinda store.

cucki said...

Aww I love the store too and love your treasure finds..
Hugs x

Allie said...

That looks like a great store, and I love your treasures! The coastline is always changing, isn't it?

moosecraft said...

Fun day shopping! I think you AND Bill found some real goodies! Great pics of the shore... I hope we don't get a storm that bad for another 100 years!

Don't forget to watch Quilt Show... I'll be watching after supper tonight... :-)

Jacquelynne Steves said...

This is my favorite time of year to visit little gift shops- they are decorated so nicely.

Firecracker Kid said...

Hi Debbie :) I like your new goodies and their colors are my favorites. That's a sweet shoppe Carol has with a nice selection of primitives.
So you're still finding damage from the hurricane. Am I weird to think rocks could be so pretty? Your photos are so crisp and clear. Thanks for sharing :)
Hugs~Carol